Help making decision on TN75A! Quickly!

/ Help making decision on TN75A! Quickly! #1  

kmanvt

Bronze Member
I have a decision to make about buying a loaned out TN75A today or tomorrow. It was a "special loaner" in which a guy ordered a new tractor, but need one then. NH told the dealer to let him use a new TN75A and that they would compensate him for the difference when sold. The price I got Friday was ~$26500 for the TN75A, 11.2x24-16.9x30 (loaded) tires, Woods 1027 loader with QA bucket, canopy, grill guard, might have an engine block heater, and have a full 2 year warranty ("sold as new"). It's got around 210hrs on it.

I know it's a pretty good deal, but that's a lot of money for something that I'm not going to get a lot of use out of initially. Someone is currently getting 200-250 4x5 bales off of the fields during the summers. I'd like to get a used round baler 4x5 or 5x5, but that's another $5-7K. I hoping to get 5-8 head of cattle to keep the pasture ate down, but that's also going to be in the future.

The biggest thing that's making me hesitate is that we've started the process of building our "dream" house on the farm. This buy itself will take up a lot of time (and money) this summer.

Is this a deal that I shouldn't pass up or should I wait till next winter/spring and try to find another deal?????
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Help making decision on TN75A! Quickly! #2  
If you can afford to buy it, you should. You know you want too. Once you do, you can check it off the list of things you need, and you will get many years of enjoyment from the purchase, even if it is delayed a year or so.

Good luck!

/ Help making decision on TN75A! Quickly! #3  
I agree, if you can afford it then go for it. I am currently in the market for the same thing and that seems like a great deal.

/ Help making decision on TN75A! Quickly! #4  
Get it now - its a pretty good price and I'm sure it will come in handy while building. That size tractor will be large enough for your hay work. Will you have a safe place to store it before the house is built?