60" NH 914A or 60" Woods RD60 or RD6000

/ 60" NH 914A or 60" Woods RD60 or RD6000 #1  

JSUnlimited

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland
60\" NH 914A or 60\" Woods RD60 or RD6000

More second thoughts before the new one arrives. Thinking of last summer w/Kubota and MMM, I was constantly jacking up the tractor and fighting w/MMM every time I needed to BH or use the rear blade. Since the new tractor will have a FEL, I figure I'll be needing to take off the MMM even more. The Woods RD60 is $200.00 less than the NH 914A. I have a small rider to mow around the house and such. The rest is all out in the open. Will and TC24DA pull a 5' RFM okay? I though I knew what I wanted when I went to the dealer, but I keep second guessing myself!

/ 60" NH 914A or 60" Woods RD60 or RD6000 #2  
Re: 60\" NH 914A or 60\" Woods RD60 or RD6000

It should pull it just fine. I use a 60" MMM w/o any problems. BTW, with the FEL you can have the MMM off and out from under the tractor in about 2 minutes. Usually about 5 to put it back on. Usually takes most of the time to get the PTO shaft lined up.

/ 60" NH 914A or 60" Woods RD60 or RD6000 #3  
Re: 60\" NH 914A or 60\" Woods RD60 or RD6000

I have the same setup as Jim, with a 60" MMM. I'm sure it wouldn't matter MMM or RFM as far as power on the TC 24DA. My biggest complaint isn't with taking the mower on and off, it is with the cushion lift system that carries it under the tractor. It can be a bit tricky to tune for leveling and proper "float". Mine seems to be binding on one side and I need to get it checked. It also requires the left hand lift rod on the 3PH be pinned through the highest hole, limiting the downward travel of the 3PH. The system stays on the tractor when the mower is removed. All that being said - my yard is extremely soft and I'm not sure if a RFM would support its own weight, so the support of the cushion lift probably worked out better for me. It requires proper placement of the position control to get the right float, with only a small percentage of the weight of the mower on the gauge wheels, the rest is carried by the tractor. Miss the proper placement, and mine plows the gauge wheels through the soft sod. With help here, I figured it out.

I agree, the mower comes off in about 2 minutes and goes on in about 5, IF you have the FEL to raise the front of the tractor. The FEL also goes on and off easily and quickly. I don't use my FEL much in the summer, so the mower stays on and it does a nice job. But if I were going to want it on and off frequently, the RFM might be the way to go, and you won't have the cushion lift on the tractor all the time. From the sound of it, I think you might be on the right track reconsidering the rear mount. You can always leave it on for rear ballast, you're going to need it with the 12LA loader - its a strong unit! Good luck, you're going to love the tractor!

Brad