Grille Guard for TC40D

/ Grille Guard for TC40D #1  

lhfarm

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TC40DA
I think I have the dealer and the deal on a TC40D with FEL & BH. I plan to call him in the morning to close the deal. The only thing that I didn't have in my list of "must-have" was a front guard. I assume this is a simple install, so should I add it later or ask him to add it in now?

Is there an aftermarket guard available and is it better? Any idea on the cost?

Thanks,

/ Grille Guard for TC40D #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I think I have the dealer and the deal on a TC40D with FEL & BH. I plan to call him in the morning to close the deal. The only thing that I didn't have in my list of "must-have" was a front guard. I assume this is a simple install, so should I add it later or ask him to add it in now?

Is there an aftermarket guard available and is it better? Any idea on the cost?

Thanks,
)</font>

The NH grille guard is around $200 retail, but is very heavy and solid, and folds forward for access under hood. My dealer put mine on, but it looks pretty simple to install.

Try to get it thrown in with the deal, maybe the dealer will see it your way!

/ Grille Guard for TC40D
That price doesn't seem to bad - but I am numb from the amount of money I am about to spend! Maybe before I say yes, I'll ask him how much more for the guard. If he says more than a couple of hundred, I'll know he is trying to put some profit back in the deal /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

/ Grille Guard for TC40D #4  
Ihfarm,

About 2 weeks ago, I paid $162 for a grill guard on my TC24DA. This price indluded dealer insallation. There are 2 pictures of my grill guard under thread "TC24DA" located in NH Buying/Pricing.

/ Grille Guard for TC40D
The pictures are great. I have to admit it is just plain fun seeing other tractors. I am going to get a guard for sure.

/ Grille Guard for TC40D #6  
I would have the dealer install the grill guard or order one for you. The installation is extremely simple and that guard (although not perfect) will really protect the front of your tractor. When you ask your dealer about the guard, you can expect him to say he doesn't have one in stock, and you will have to wait for delivery of your tractor if you want him to put it on. At that point, you can wait, tell him you will put it on when it arrives, or tell him you will let him put it on when you return for the 50 hr check. If he has one in stock, I'd be really surprised.

Good luck with your new tractor.

/ Grille Guard for TC40D #7  
Grill guard, what the heck is a grill guard?

Attachments

• 625201-tc29.jpg
    625201-tc29.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 345
   / Grille Guard for TC40D
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Grill guard, what the heck is a grill guard? )</font>
That black thing on the front of your tractor. Guess you haven't notice it since it hasn't been modified /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Grille Guard for TC40D #9  
I think I gave about a hundred and a half - but I did the install myself because I didn't want to wait and it wasn't in stock. Was really simple to install - about 15-20 minutes work. And that includes finding the wrenches...

Doug /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Grille Guard for TC40D
Called the dealer and the guard is part of the FEL package /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. So I started the paperwork. More details when I have them.