Selling NH TC 45

/ Selling NH TC 45 #1  

rmoory

I am trying to establish a fair price to ask for my tractor. It is a 2002 NH tc 45, 4WD with NH 17A FEL, Landpride 72" box blade and Landpride 72" grader blade. The tractor has 106 hours. I also have a 16 foot car hauler trailer for the tractor. I am in California. Thanks for all the help.

/ Selling NH TC 45 #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It is a 2002 NH tc 45, 4WD with NH 17A FEL, Landpride 72" box blade and Landpride 72" grader blade. The tractor has 106 hours. )</font>

Just to be sure, is it a gear transmission or hydrostatic? The retail price for non-hydro would be about $21k, for hydro about $22k. Remember on a low-hour tractor you have to compete with dealers selling new tractors with easy financing. Even though your tractor is nearly new, you may have to reduce the price well below current value to be able to make the sale.

/ Selling NH TC 45
Jim,

Thank you for the advice. I looked on the used tractor price guide for a ballpark figure. It suggests about $18,900. I am thinking that $17,500 to $18,000 is the right asking price

/ Selling NH TC 45 #4  
Figure 15% less then what someone could buy it new for. Remember, whoever buys it does not have to pay sales tax, a real advantage for the buyer, point that out to whoever looks at it.

/ Selling NH TC 45 #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thank you for the advice. I looked on the used tractor price guide for a ballpark figure. It suggests about $18,900. I am thinking that $17,500 to $18,000 is the right asking price. )</font>

I don't think you will have any trouble selling at that price, especially with only160 hours on the tractor. It probably still looks new.

Also, I think I'd price and sell the implements separately. Certainly, I'd sell the trailer in a separate deal. If it has good/new tires and looks good, you should be able to get $1200-$1500 for it. RaT's advice of reducing the price by 15% is good. If the looks of the trailer are not good, you might have to drop it even more.

Have you considered talking to your CPA about taking the loss on your taxes? You might have some options there since the tractor is so new, depending on how you used it.

/ Selling NH TC 45
I want to thank you and Jim for all your help. Your advice was very helpful for establishing a price for the tractor and trailer.

/ Selling NH TC 45 #10  
For anyone in MD.. just saw this ad in local paper today.

2002 New Holland Tractor TC45D, 45HP diesel hydrostatic, 4wheel drive, w/ 15' bat wing finish mower, 33hrs. on it, barn kept, like new, new $30,000, asking $14,000. firm.