Rear Remotes

/ Rear Remotes #1  

cubstuff

I need some clarification. I purchased a new TC33DA and had the dealer add 2 rear remotes. My question is, how many levers and couplers should I have? I have 1 lever, and 2 couplers to plug hoses into. Is this correct, or should I have 2 levers, and 4 couplers for hoses? Thanks for any info.

/ Rear Remotes #2  
each "remote" gets 1 lever & 2 couplers.

2 "remotes" should have 2 levers & 4 couplers

Cost is about ~$200-250 per remote - ie if you paid $400-500 you should get 2 levers and 4 couplers.

/ Rear Remotes #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I need some clarification. I purchased a new TC33DA and had the dealer add 2 rear remotes. My question is, how many levers and couplers should I have? I have 1 lever, and 2 couplers to plug hoses into. Is this correct, or should I have 2 levers, and 4 couplers for hoses? Thanks for any info. )</font>

Usually when I hear "remote", I think of "remote valve". I guess it is possible when your dealer heard "two remotes", he thought of "two remote couplers" (one valve). That would be an unfortunate miscommunication, but I can imagine it happening. I guess the next step would be to ask the dealer, "Where is my otehr remote?" and see how he responds...

/ Rear Remotes #4  
<font color="blue"> I guess it is possible when your dealer heard "two remotes", he thought of "two remote couplers" </font>

Show me a dealer that thinks two remotes means two quick connects and I'll show you a dealer who should be doing something else for a living.........

/ Rear Remotes #5  
ROTFLMAO !!!!!

/ Rear Remotes #6  
Absolutely. "Remote" is short for "remote valve" not "remote coupler". I would like to know what the purchase price was for the 'two remotes'. That would indicate if the dealer's actions were stupidity or theft.

/ Rear Remotes #7  
newbie here....
I also want to get some rear remotes for my DX40..

Oh, on a side note, pineridge, your site is awesome, nice work on the grapple, great step by step photos, I drooled over your tractor for a long time before buying the Case(same thing..., dealer was closer)

But..Just got off the phone with my dealer, he said it would be $800 for the 1st set and $600 for each additional set, I asked him to provide some lubricant... (cause it's gonna hurt) /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I have read on some posts the the cost is around 300 for the 1st and 200 for each additional, this must be mail order aftermarket, so if anyone has some URL's it would be appreciated.

/ Rear Remotes #8  
If that price is for the remotes only, it is an inappropriately high price, since Case/IH list prices for the remotes are ~$250 for the first and ~$211 for the second and third. It is a 2-4 hour job putting the remotes, including removing the right rear tire. When I bought my TC40D (identical tractor, different color), my dealer installed three remotes for list price (a total of $681). I would ask your dealer why he is charging 3-4 times over Case list price for the remotes.

Now, if the price includes the top link and tilt cylinders and hoses, it might be closer to $1400, but even that seems high. For Case pricing, see Minnesota DOT Case DX40, page 5 of 14, under the hydraulics heading.

/ Rear Remotes #9  
the conversation went-
"I would like to put on 3 remotes in the back"

He said, "They come in sets of 2,.... wait do you mean you want 6 hoses?"

I said,"yep, 3 remotes, 6 hoses"

He was not trying to sell me TNT

He then threw out a price so quick, I knew it was BS, he didn't even take 2 secs to think about it, /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

This makes me sad, Now I will never want to deal with them.

Ken

/ Rear Remotes #10  
KenVT I agree with Doc rear remotes are a lot cheaper then your quoted pricing. Get them at a New Holland dealer if nothing else and put the savings toward your next project. Maybe a grapple or something else useful. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BTW thanks for the complements on the web site. Once I joined the TBN site I was having so much fun learning myself that I had to find a way to give some back. This is my way and some folks seem to think that it works.