NH, Kubota, JD or Mahindra????

/ NH, Kubota, JD or Mahindra???? #1  

MichMan

Tractor
1987 JD 750 4WD
Are there any of you who have had JD, Kubota or others and switched to NH? If so, why the switch? I'm looking now and kinda like the NH or Kubota's. Any convincing arguments to choose one over the other? I'm looking for about a 30hp diesel, 4wd,BH and loader, and front angled blade. Already have 7' BB and rear blade, and 750 Woods BH on a 1958 MF 65 gas. I have been lurking this sight for a long time, but never registered since I always found an answer....I have a JD dealer 10 miles away, Mahindra I pass on the way to work every day, NH about 40 mi, Kubota 20 miles....so I have a lot of choices. Seems though that tractors are priced high here in SE Mich and many guys go to the west side of the state for better deals.I will be maintaining a 500' gravel drive, 4000 sf concrete drive and turnaround, some raised bed garden work, ditching, and maybe jobs on the side for some extra $ unless friends, family or neighbor's. Our ground is 7 acres of heavy clay. I already have a Hustler Z-turn for the 2 acre lawn. Nephew planted alphapha last fall on the other 5, till I can come up with some idea for land use.

/ NH, Kubota, JD or Mahindra???? #2  
I started with New Holland, traded in once for another New Holland. But I am not so sure there is a right color for you. All the colors for the most part are good. I think most here will tell you to find one you like, one the fits your butt the best and then find a dealer you really like. In fact some would say the dealer is more important than the color?? They all are pretty good. Make sure you have a dealer that you like and one that you feel will give you the best service after the sale. If the one you like and fit is the New Holland then go for it. If it is Kubota then go for it. Most of us here will have our tractors for many years and will pick the one we like and will be the most comfortable on. Spend a lot of time choosing as buying the tractor can be and should be just as fun as using them.

murph

/ NH, Kubota, JD or Mahindra???? #3  
I have a 5 year old Kubota and a 2 year old New Holland. I went to buy another Kubota, but ended up buying a NH instead and am very glad I did. There are just a lot of little things that I like about the NH, but that does not put down the Kubota. I belive the NH, while smaller, is stronger built, and has very similar capacities on the FEL. I don't think you'd make a mistake with either brand.

/ NH, Kubota, JD or Mahindra???? #4  
You may want to go a little larger than 30HP, after getting used to the power of the MF65.

/ NH, Kubota, JD or Mahindra????
Power of the MF is nice, but it's 2WD, and really more than I need. 4WD would be useful when plowing snow with the rear blade. Now the Massey's front tires get caught in the drifts at times and pull me in, have to stop, back up, reset the blade, etc....Is there a current chart anywhere of compact tractor comparison by price or HP?

/ NH, Kubota, JD or Mahindra???? #6  
I just went from a New holland TN 65 to a DK 65 kioti. What a tractor. New holland was nice but this just seems to be more plush.