TC33D Loader Lift Test

/ TC33D Loader Lift Test #1  

Bristlecone

Tractor
Kioti DK35SE-HST/KL351/T&T, Massey Ferguson 30, John Deere L120
Just test drove a 2001 TC33D with 148 hrs, HST, 7308 loader. Tractor seemed to perform well overall except perhaps loader. I did a lift test on the loader -- could lift the front end by lowering the bucket flat then curling the bucket down. But when I lifted the bucket, curled the bucket straight down then tried lifting with just the loader arms, it would not lift the front end off the ground. Is that normal or indication of low hydraulic pressure, leaking cylinder seals or some other hydraulic problem?
What might be fair book on this tractor? Private buyer is asking $14,000.

/ TC33D Loader Lift Test #2  
The test doesn't really prove anything. Did you have the brake set? did you have your foot on the brake? Did you have the range transmission in gear? Different answers to any of these questions will yield varying results to your "test". Pressure test the hydraulics and lift a known load if you really want to know.

/ TC33D Loader Lift Test #3  
Like RickB said, make sure you are in neutral range with the brake off. I discovered this with my TC35DA when setting up to use the backhoe. The seat switch kills the engine unless in neutral with the brake set. At first I would put it in neutral, set the brake, and then try to raise the front end by lowering the loader bucket. The front wheels would not come off the ground. Then I discovered if I lowered teh bucket before setting the brake, the front end went up effortlessly.

/ TC33D Loader Lift Test #4  
Just about everyone that owned a TC this last summer went through that test. Not all could lift the front end with just the arms. Spencer made a test gauge to install in the lines of your loader and you could test the actual pressure. This gauge was sent from person to person and everyone tested the hydraulic pressure. I recieved the gauge from someone, tested my tractor and then mailed the gauge on. Even after I set my pressure to factory specs I still could not lift my tractor using just the arms. However, I do put mine in gear and as I try to raise the tractor will push on my hdro pedal moving the tractor forward and the front end goes right up.

As far as the gauge, it is lost, no one knows where it is anymore. Otherwise you could use it. I also did a search for 7308 loaders and the search engine is down for right now but you could do a search later .

murph

/ TC33D Loader Lift Test #5  
Yeah a bunch of us went through that testing bit. mine will lift the tractor off the ground no problem at idle practically. very little effort and front will come way off the ground just by using down pressure and sitting still. No curling bucket. You need to crank up the pressure. Crank it till the main relief kicks in. Dont worry about the loader relief. My dealer cranked the pressure before i bought it and it works awsome. I cant remember pressure but i would keep adjusting it until it lifts front off the ground. you cant go too high because main relief will kick in. i think my loader pressure is higher then my main so the loader one dont come into play. seems like some guys were setting there to like 1800 or something and mine is like 2150 or whatever main relief is. I cant remember exact numbers but I think most people got worried about going over recommended pressure but mine has been that way for 2 years no problem and in fact the dealer did it for me. Anyway, there is a post here with hundreds of replies on this. Do a search for 7308 loader.

Mike

/ TC33D Loader Lift Test #6  
How do you adjust the pressure? Is it using shims? Where is the adjustment on the tractor?
Thanks
Russ