TC40DA here!

/ TC40DA here! #1  

lhfarm

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TC40DA
Got dropped off this morning! Missing the backhoe and wheel weights, but still ready to work! It is parked next to my Ford 4000. They are almost the exact same size, which is what I wanted. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 642414-blue2a.jpg
    642414-blue2a.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 759
   / TC40DA here! #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Got dropped off this morning! Missing the backhoe and wheel weights, but still ready to work! It is parked next to my Ford 4000. They are almost the exact same size, which is what I wanted. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif )</font>

Congratulations. When you get some time on it, I'd be interested to hear whether or not you think the armrests are worth buying.

/ TC40DA here!
Believe it or not, my old 4000 had a fancy seat with one armrest. I really liked that, especially when doing lots of hay mowing/bush hogging. I'll report back when I've spent a Saturday mowing

Here is another side-by-side. A few things have changed in 40 years.

The tractor lives at our weekend farm, so I didn't get to do more than drive out in the field, then into the barn. Going to be a long work week!

Attachments

• 642448-blue3a.jpg
    642448-blue3a.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,534
   / TC40DA here! #4  
Congratulations with your new purchase. I've had mine for about a year now and am very pleased with it's performance and capabilities.
Peter

/ TC40DA here! #5  
Nice lookin' tractor, Barry. You'll have to tell us soon how you think it compares with the old 4000.

I'm curious about one thing I saw in your picture. You said it's a "DA" model tractor and it looks like it has all the deluxe options, but your loader joystick looks like the non-deluxe type. What's up with that? I think I'd miss my rabbit-turtle switch a bunch if I didn't have it. Am I missing something? Your tractor is a hydro isn't it? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ TC40DA here! #6  
Congratulations...nice looking tractor! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ TC40DA here!
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Nice lookin' tractor, Barry. You'll have to tell us soon how you think it compares with the old 4000.

I'm curious about one thing I saw in your picture. You said it's a "DA" model tractor and it looks like it has all the deluxe options, but your loader joystick looks like the non-deluxe type. What's up with that? I think I'd miss my rabbit-turtle switch a bunch if I didn't have it. Am I missing something? Your tractor is a hydro isn't it? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif )</font>

It is a DA. Even upgraded to the armrest. The first question I asked was what is up with the joystick. He said it is $700 upgrade and that he should have asked. Maybe I should check again. I told him that I think every picture I saw had the deluxe joystick. None of the dealers I visited had a tractor with a loader on the lot so I just assumed it was standard on the hydro. Maybe a little bait & swtich by NH? I don't think this guy would short me on purpose - but I've been wrong about things like this before. My first reaction was that I would live with it.

Interestingly, he didn't want me to pay him. He said he would have more pressure to put on his boss to make sure the BH arrives if they are waiting for their money. So I have a couple of weeks to try to tractor on thier money. Maybe I'll see what kind of deal he will cut on the joystick.

The first difference with the 4000 is how easy it is to get on/off from either side. And even with the plain joystick, I was smoother with in-the-air bucket movement. I have some heavy bush hogging to do right away, so that will be a good first test.

/ TC40DA here! #8  
Nice looking tractor(s) there. With such a back-to-back comparison as you have available - I'd be interested in your long term take on living with the flat but raised operator deck that newer tractors use. Better visibility, easier to dismount, but personnally I kind of liked the lower seating position of old utility tractors like your 4000 and our NAA. The higher deck takes some getting used to - especially on side slopes.

/ TC40DA here!
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Nice lookin' tractor, Barry. You'll have to tell us soon how you think it compares with the old 4000.
)</font>
Jim I forgot tell you that I told the salesman that I didn't need instructions on removing the loader. I said there were wonderful instructions on the net and NH should take notice. I don't think he is a net kind of guy /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

On a related note, I had the 4000 loader rigged so I could remove it as needed. I used an overhead beam and I come-along to support the frame. I had to remove the cylinders too. Getting it on has always been a bear, since the loader seemed to settle/shift.

Yesterday I went to put the loader on and used your instructions for using the bucket curl to align things. It worked perfectly. The fastest and easiest mouting ever. I've got to be sure and pass that trick onto the next guy.

Thanks again!

/ TC40DA here!
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( Nice looking tractor(s) there. With such a back-to-back comparison as you have available - I'd be interested in your long term take on living with the flat but raised operator deck that newer tractors use. Better visibility, easier to dismount, but personnally I kind of liked the lower seating position of old utility tractors like your 4000 and our NAA. The higher deck takes some getting used to - especially on side slopes. )</font>
The loader frame on the 4000 meant you could only get on from the left side. That was always a pain for me, so I am looking forward to that part. I took a quick ride to the implement row and it included a trip down a steep bank. I don't notice much difference from the normal thrill, but I'll see.

I am going to miss the Ford. It has been a great tractor. I needed a BH and didn't want work it that hard. I'm hoping to sell it quickly before I have a change of heart.

Added this picture. Don't know how much detail you can see, but it does show the operator position.

Attachments

• 642568-blue 008a.jpg
    642568-blue 008a.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 3,442