Price Check Price on TC33DA

/ Price on TC33DA #1  

RexT

Tractor
TC33DA w/ supersteer and 160 JD Lawn tractor
Currently in the market for a new tractor. I have narrowed down my search to three models: Kubota 3030, JD 4310 and NH TC33DA. I have a price on the 3030 of $17885 for the tractor with FEL and 5' rotary cutter (Bushhog SQ600) and over $23K for the JD with a 300X FEL and MX5 rotary cutter. I am hoping that the NH will fall somewhere in the middle but not sure. I like the B3030 size but am not crazy about being limited to a light duty cutter and the light weight of the tractor ( the dealer said I should expect to keep the FEL on when using the rotary cutter). The JD 4310 is perfect, love the wieght and power, except the dealer is not very interested in lowering his price. He sells mostly lawn tractors and maybe one compact or utility tractor a month. His advantage for me is he is only 2 miles from my home. The TC33DA seems like a nice mid point. I like the size (only about 400 less than the 4310) and the design, especially the FEL. It also should be large enough to carry a mid line rotary cutter similar to the MX5. I am concerned a little about the warranty, I have read several threads that talk about problems with warranty work and reliability. Also the dealer is about 70 miles from my home. He has a good reputation but will the price difference be worth the drive. The Kubota dealer is 17 miles away. Can some one give me an idea of what to expect in price on the NH? I also understand the FEL on the NH is not as strong as the JD but stronger than the Kubota. Is there a real big difference? I read where the JD bucket is of much better construction then the other two. I'll be using the tractor mainly for cutting pastures (no lawn mowing), maintaining a gravel drive and cleaning up several acres of woodland. I am also toying with the idea of buying a BH. (kubota $6200, JD 7200, NH ?) I really want to try and balance price with performance. I've owned two JD tractor before and had very good performance out for both along with good re-sale value, however, since my JD dealer is the only tractor dealer in town there is no incentive for him to deal much on price He is also trying to push me into a 3320 but at a cost of an additional 2K. I told him I thought he was already about 4K to high on the 4310 and he just smiled and told me to have a nice day!I've spent a great deal on time on all the web sites (both Kubota and NH sites are useless, JD wins that battle hands down) and have learned a lot from your site. Any help from readers who have used all three or who have a recent price they paid for a NH TC33DA would be appreciated. I know the price differ by regions but a general range would help. I live in N. Georgia.

/ Price on TC33DA #2  
I can't help you on the price, but this thread may help you with some comparisons: Photo Comparision: JD, Kubota, NH, Branson, etc

When comparing loader specs, be VERY careful that you compare the same measuring points. Some manufacturers give specs at the PIVOT POINT, some at 19" in front of the pivot point, and some at the bucket lip. Some at all those points. The specs will always measure higher at the pivot point than the bucket lip. Same thing when looking at lift specs, some measure capacity at the ground, or 12" above the ground, some at full height. The loader will have less capacity at full height than it will at 12" above the ground. So be really careful when you compare the specs.

As far as buckets go, the standard bucket on a TC33 has a sturdier construction than the standard bucket on a JD4310 or the B3030. Take a look at the top lip and how it is reinforced (or not).

/ Price on TC33DA #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ...The JD 4310 is perfect, love the wieght and power, except the dealer is not very interested in lowering his price. He sells mostly lawn tractors and maybe one compact or utility tractor a month. His advantage for me is he is only 2 miles from my home. The TC33DA seems like a nice mid point. I like the size (only about 400 less than the 4310) and the design, especially the FEL. It also should be large enough to carry a mid line rotary cutter similar to the MX5. I am concerned a little about the warranty, I have read several threads that talk about problems with warranty work and reliability. Also the dealer is about 70 miles from my home. He has a good reputation but will the price difference be worth the drive. The Kubota dealer is 17 miles away. Can some one give me an idea of what to expect in price on the NH? I also understand the FEL on the NH is not as strong as the JD but stronger than the Kubota. Is there a real big difference? I read where the JD bucket is of much better construction then the other two. I'll be using the tractor mainly for cutting pastures (no lawn mowing), maintaining a gravel drive and cleaning up several acres of woodland. I am also toying with the idea of buying a BH. (kubota $6200, JD 7200, NH ?) I really want to try and balance price with performance. I've owned two JD tractor before and had very good performance out for both along with good re-sale value, however, since my JD dealer is the only tractor dealer in town there is no incentive for him to deal much on price He is also trying to push me into a 3320 but at a cost of an additional 2K. I told him I thought he was already about 4K to high on the 4310 and he just smiled and told me to have a nice day!I've spent a great deal on time on all the web sites (both Kubota and NH sites are useless, JD wins that battle hands down) and have learned a lot from your site. Any help from readers who have used all three or who have a recent price they paid for a NH TC33DA would be appreciated. I know the price differ by regions but a general range would help. I live in N. Georgia. )</font>

JD seems to be a great company, with a great product. It's a shame they lose so many sales and customers at their dealers. I have a JD dealer under two miles from my house, and I liked their 3000 twenty tractors, but due mainly to the dealer, and in spite of New Holland's awful website, I drove 50 miles and bought a NH. It all ended well, and I'm tickled to death with my new machine. I'd like to think it irritates my JD dealer to drive by my place and see me on a blue tractor, but I'm sure he probably doesn't care.

I don't have any specific advice on your purchase, other than to say that if you are comparing different brand buckets, make sure you are comparing HD to HD and not HD to standard. The HD buckets don't cost much more than the lightweight buckets, and are significantly stronger.

/ Price on TC33DA #4  
I have a TC33DA HST and a Bushhog SQ600 cutter. The tractor handles it fine. I don't know if I can give you a good price comparison, because I added 2 remotes, Top-n-tilt cylinders, a bobcat style quick attach on the FEL, a second bucket with an ATI Grapple unit and ATI pallet forks. My total package came in at about the price you were quoted for the JD. I think if you only got the FEL and the Bushhog cutter, you should come in pretty close to the price quoted for the Kubota - maybe even a little less.

I really like the quick attach on the FEL, and I can change from bucket to forks or Grapple in 5 minutes or less. When I am bushhogging in tight quarters, I just drop off the bucket and leave the FEL arms on. No problem with the tractor feeling light in the front end, and I can get closer to the corners of my fenced pastures without the bucket sticking out another 2 feet in front of the tractor. When I am cutting in unfamiliar territory, though, I leave the bucket on and carry it low, so that it finds stumps and concealed objects before I run over them with the tractor and cutter.

Good luck. I think you will be happy with the NH TC33DA if you decide to go that way, but all three are good choices.

Attachments

• 648894-ATI Forks(Small).JPG
    648894-ATI Forks(Small).JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 203
   / Price on TC33DA #5  
Oops! I meant to post the picture of the tractor and bushhog /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Attachments

• 648898-116-1604_IMG (Small).JPG
    648898-116-1604_IMG (Small).JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 330
   / Price on TC33DA
Just returned from the NH holland dealer. Was quoted this for a TC33DA w/ super steer, 15LA quick attach loader and SQ600 rotary cutter - $21,668 + tax. Good, bad, or just so so? He said he was getting out of the small CUT's. This tractor had been on the lot for a long, long time. The tractor is priced at 15,780 the loader 4838, cutter 1050. Seems awful high on the loader. I can get the cutter for less from another dealer. I'm thinking 20k including tax for every thing but don't want to waste his time or mine if he is pricing it right. Appreciate any opinions.

/ Price on TC33DA #7  
That is an excellent price for a TC33 Supersteer. Depending on what size bucket (60" or 68"), the price of the 15LA is where it should be; good price if the loader has a 68" bucket, a little high if it has a 60" bucket, but not bad. Not quite sure about the cutter.
All in all, $21,668 is a very good price for that unit.

/ Price on TC33DA #8  
Sorry for the later response. I haven't been online for awhile.

I forgot to mention that my tractor does not have supersteer -- I think that adds about $1000 to the price for the tractor. I don't know if the 15LA loader needed with supersteer is higher priced than the 14LA loader I have, but I was thinking about $14K for the tractor and $4K for the FEL and $1K for the brush cutter, so you definitely are in the ballpark. Prices do vary regionally.

It never hurts to offer a little less than the asking price -- if he has had the tractor for a long time, he may just take you up on it. If he doesn't, you just have to decide whether to pay his price or keep looking. I might wonder about service if he is getting out of the CUT business.

Good luck. I am sure you will like the TC33DA if you buy it.

Kip

/ Price on TC33DA
Thanks for all the goof info. Visited back with the dealer over the weekend and spent some time in the seat of the TC33DA and more time in the office talking price. We talked extensively about the CUTS and the owner of the dealership told me he was not getting out of the CUTS business but was not going to carry as many small and medium frame cuts as he had in the past, especially in the NH brand. he sells the large frame CUTS better and this past year he only was able to move 3 of 29-33 series NH CUTS. He has 4 TC33DA's on the lot now. 3 gear versions and one HST w/ sopersteer. After a very long discussion he finally come down to the following price:

TC33DA hydro w/supersteer, loaded tires (R4's) - 14,200
15LA loader w/hd 60" bucket - 4225
toothbar - 375
SQ600 rotary cutter - 975
Total - 19,775 + tax

I'm headed back there tomorrow to try an finalize the deal. Hoping I can him down a little more to be able to walk out for 20k including tax or 26k with a Woods hoe on the back. Tried to do this same deal with my local JD dealer on a 4310 w/ 300cxFEL and 5LX cutter and he just laughed as he showed me the door. He's only 2 miles from home and the other the NH dealer is 70 miles away. Been a JD man for over 20 years but money talks and bullsh-t walks!!