Value of 2000 TC-40D/SS w/ 500 hrs

/ Value of 2000 TC-40D/SS w/ 500 hrs #1  

DVerbarg

Platinum Member
Tractor
No longer have :-(
Pout, pout...

After having lived in the country for most of my short 37 years we are selling our house (just signed a contract today) and moving to another state and will become suburbia dwellers. This will necessitate selling my TC40D/SS (and attachments) since my soon to be new neighbors may not appreciate my large diesel "lawn mower" It would be slight over kill for a less than 1/2 acre lot... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

What do you think the value of the TC40D/SS would be with 500 hours? It has the 17LA loader, two remote rear hydraulics and a hydraulic top link. I'm not worried about the other attachments, I can estimate the value for those but want to make sure that I am not giving it away. I was just offered $17k for the tractor and attachments (6ft loftness snowblower, 6ft box blade, 6ft blade, beatup finish mower, 5ft beatup rotary mower and an old boom pole). Most of the attachments are relatively worthless with the exception of the snowblower which is only 4 years old and is in like new condition.

Any ideas or input? I don't have the blue book for tractors and don't have the time to go buy one, too many other things on my list right now.

/ Value of 2000 TC-40D/SS w/ 500 hrs #2  
Dave,

That price seems low to me.

murph

/ Value of 2000 TC-40D/SS w/ 500 hrs #3  
i just bought a 2001 tc35d hydro ,supersteer with a brand new 17la fel and a new brush hog 72" rough cut mower for $17000. i hope that gives you a idea

/ Value of 2000 TC-40D/SS w/ 500 hrs #4  
Oh no, Dave! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif You are one of the original members, aren't you? I hope your new location is prosperous. Good luck with the move. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think the $17k you were offered is just about right for the tractor and implements without the snowblower. I'm not familiar with them, so I don't know what they are worth. I'd try to negotiate the offer up to include a fair price for the snowblower on top of the current offer. Essentially, I think you should be able to sell your tractor for purchase price minus about 20%. It's probably worth more than that, but if you are moving soon, you probably don't have time to wait for a buyer. Do you think you could get the local dealer to take it on consignment? It's worth checking.

BTW: I hope you won't forget us here. It'll still be fun to read the forums even if you don't have a tractor any longer. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Value of 2000 TC-40D/SS w/ 500 hrs
Jim,

Yes I am one of the "original" members from back in the old days when we used to read every posting (all 20 or 30 of them). Was never a verbose poster but thoroughly enjoyed reading and sharing among the TBN family. The last couple years have been way too busy with no end in sight so we have decided to change a bunch of things: location, job, type of housing, etc. Thanks for the thoughts!

The price seems about 1 to 2 thousand too low (when the blower is included) but the thought of not having to find a buyer and wait (when I have less than 2 months before moving) is fairly attractive. I can bundle it with the house deal and just be done with it. Losing the tractor/toy will be one of the things I will most miss about leaving the country. I came to realize the one of the reasons I enjoyed the country was my seat time, but did not enjoy the massive amounts of time (and money) that I spend maintaining the place. My kids are growing up and have not had enough time with them working 50 to 60 hours a week and commuting 2 hours a day and spending another 8 or more hours a week maintaining/improving the property/house.

Hoping to get a 1/2 acre lot (would like to have up to an acre) so that maybe I can justify a replacement toy - an Exmark ZTR mower. Will have to wait and see what happens.

Will continue to occasionally check in on TBN, maybe I'll even have more time after the move.

/ Value of 2000 TC-40D/SS w/ 500 hrs #6  
Dave, is it sold yet? Let me know. Charlie

/ Value of 2000 TC-40D/SS w/ 500 hrs #7  
Dave:
Let me know also. Looking for something in this range. Trying to work out a deal now on another unit, but would like to talk to you. Send me private email if interested.