TC45D

/ TC45D #1  

Anonymous Poster

Let me say that I think green, blue, orange are all good tractors, it's what you like the best. I priced a John Deere 4700, hst, and 4wd yesterday, that's all that it had on it with a 460 loader for $24,450, and no other equipment. The next reputable dealer close to me is New Holland. They had a new TC45D with the new loader on the lot, and they even had some literature on the 3 new tractors. The tractor is really good looking. It had a lot of power, controls nicely placed, but it did not have supersteer. I will give you all a break down of his figures. The dealer quoted me a price of 18,850 for a TC45D with supersteer, 4wd, hst, cruise control. The 17La loader for $3700 which is placed very nicley on the right side of the tractor and stays on the tractor when the loader is removed. The joy stick has a high and low range on it, so, if you are in low range, you have a high and low range within that range, and whatever range your in for that matter. If you needed more lugging power, you just push a button and there you have it. For folks that do not want the loader, the same button is on the tractor on the right-side next to the 3pt control lever. The joy stick even has a locking feature on it, so you don't accidently bump it if your working on the tractor and lower the loader by mistake. The breaks are on the opposite side as the hydrostatic pedals. He quoted me 4 remotes for $415.00, and a 7 foot woods finishing mower with chain guards, and rollers for $1890. The warranty on the tractor is two years "bumper to bumper" to say, and 3 years on the powertrain from him. The loader is quick attach, pull the pins, drop the parking stand, and your done after you disconnect the hydraulics. Took him 10 minutes to do it while he was explaining it to me at the same time. Dosen't take long to see which tractor I will be buying for $24, 855 with a piece of equipment. Can not figure out why so high on the John Deere? I know it has more lift capacity by 500 pounds at the bucket, and 165 pounds at the 3pt. Is this a good and fair price for the TC45D, and is the woods finishing mower a good brand? Let me know. Sorry for the long post, just thought you all would like to know. Oh, the seat on this tractor, I will let you all find that one out on your own. The New Holland dealer can have me one in one to two weeks with supersteer, compared to the I don't know when I can have you one from the John Deere Dealer.

/ TC45D #2  
James,
Sorry I can't help you with the pricing of that unit, however I have a baby boomer the TC 18 and it has been all and more that the salesman said it was. I also got a very good price compared to the others. I bought a Woods RD6000, rear discharge 60" finish mower and it does a great job! Good luck on your decision, Blue has been just fine for me.
JimBinMI

/ TC45D #3  
I think it will be everything that I want and more, would have got a larger tractor because I own a 120 acres, but my wife said that it had to be hydrostatic so she could drive it, Oh, well. There goes the neighborhood, just kidding. Her father owns two 110 plus pto horsepower tractors, so I did not see any sense in buying a big tractor. Just need to move dirt around the new house we built, and mow my 5 acre yard. any questions about the tc45d when it gets here, and I'll be glad to try to answer them.

/ TC45D #4  
Since I'm a Kubota man, I don't know much about the TC45, but I have a cousin who recently bought a TC29, with loader and some other implements. Nice tractor, and the seat is one of the things I like better than the Kubota seat (except he didn't get arm rests on it and I like my arm rests). I'll bet you'll be happy with the TC45.

Bird

/ TC45D #5  
My dealer just contacted me and said that my tractor was here if I wanted it. They got one in with supersteer by freak accident, and with the 17LA loader. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif If I want it, he will have the mechanic put the extra remotes on it, and deliver it late this afternoon with the woods 84 inch rear discharge finishing mower because he has family that live close by that he is going to see. He said it came from the factory with 2 remotes already on it. This tractor has arm rests on the seats, and rear worklights that came from the factory on it that he isn't going to charge me for. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif It's raining here and very mudy, so I guess I won't get to play with it today. Now, which car goes out of the garage, and how do I explain to my wife that I am going to be very busy the next few days, weeks, years. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ TC45D #6  
Well, after 3.5 hours on this machine, I am addicted, heck even my wife is addicted. Mowed my five acre yard in just under 3 hours, went slow to get the feel of it. It's an adjustment geeting used to manuvering a 7 foot mower. But now my wife has all these projects for me and her to do. Thought I would have to beat her off of it. She mowed part of the yard herself. This tractor didn't even grunt. I park it in the garage and just set and look at it. Is this normal? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Have not got to use the loader, except to move some sand that has been an ugly site next to our house from where the builder left it. It was way to much to shovel, and wheelbarral. Had that taken care of in thirty minutes. This loader is smooth, and seems to work really good, but well not know for sure until more hours of use.

/ TC45D #7  
James,
Only a fellow TC owner can relate to just sitting and looking at it!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif The TC's are just downright good looking tractors that can do the job too. Who do you know that could just sit and look at orange or green! But blue, now that's a good color. Don't know how old you are but when I was a teen we used to categorize cars as: no show/no go, all show/no go, no show/no go and all show & go. Well, the TC's are the only one's that get all show & go! Ha Ha. I'm glad you like your tractor, I'll bet that 45 hp has torque and then some. Good luck with your new toy...I mean fine piece of productive machinery. To the green and orange owners out there reading this, no offense..hope none taken./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif JimBinMI

/ TC45D #8  
None taken!
I can tell you this much James, it is normal to sit and stare at your new toy, er, uh, tool. Mine (B2710) sits in the other bay of the garage next to my car and I wave good bye to it every day when I leave. This is because your tractor becomes your new best freind that comes over and helps you get everything done in 1/4 the time you would otherwise without breaking your back! Have fun/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ TC45D #9  
James, hope you can stop admiring your tractor long enough to answer a few questions :). I will be taking a 75 mile trek on Saturday to a dealer that has a 40D for me to take a look at. What all changed between the 33D and the 35D, 40D and 45D. Besides more power, I noticed new hydro pedals, fuel tank in the back, cup holder, new choices in the hydro ranges...anything else. Also what are the dimensions of the 45D, height and length. I know these tractors are new, its tuff getting info on them.

Thanks for any help you can provide. You can go back to admiring your tractor now.

/ TC45D #10  
I don't know if the TC40 is the same size as the TC45D, but the height of mine is approx 88 inches with r4 tires. The length is 120inches, not counting 3pt. The width is 68 inches. Hope this helps. I went out and measured it to be exact. If you get the loader, the joystick remains on the tractor. You'll see after you drive it, that it has plenty of power and torque. Brakes on the right side, on mine you can enter and exit from both sides. This tractor has four blade spindles than three. You will see if they have a tc33 around that these tractors are a lot heavier built in the axles, frame, and rear than the other tc models, that's just my oppion. The steering wheel tilts and telescopes. This is a nice feature, my wife was able to move the seat and steering wheel so that it fit her perfect. she's short. The supersteer is a nice feature. Let me know what you think about the tc40, and how it drove to you. I think you will be happy with it, but make sure you have a good reptuble dealer, not that you will need him or anything, but things tend to break at times. I think the bigggest things that changed are more displacment in the engines, and there is a turn signal feature on this tractor. The dash is backlight.