TC30 FEL Capacity & Comparsions

/ TC30 FEL Capacity & Comparsions #1  

LSmith

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400
Trying to compare specs on new tractors. I haven't found the lift capacity on the loader for the TC30. I want to compare it to the Kubota B3030. Kubota dealer says this tractor (B3030) is to light for my uses. Brush Hauling, Mowing, some woodlot work. NH dealer hasn't weiged in on the TC30 abilities yet. I am intrested in a BH as well. Any info would be appreciated

Lane Smith

/ TC30 FEL Capacity & Comparsions #2  
The NH 7308 FEL is rated to lift 875lbs and the break out force is right around 1,600lbs. There are several people on this forum that have adjusted the operating pressure of the 7308 loader. I have done this and it made a big difference in the lift capacity of my TC 30. I have lifted 1,000 pounds with the loader. In my opinion this is about the max I want to try to lift with my TC 30. I do not want to turn it over or damage my tractor.

/ TC30 FEL Capacity & Comparsions #3  
I was just down your way all of last week in Brookhaven, MS. Flew into Jackson. You could really keep your tractor busy in that area right about now...

If you give us a more detailed description of what you are planning to do with the tractor, you'll probably get better info on how well they are suited for your planned use. The TC 30 will easily handle a 5 foot brush hog. Whether this is big enough for your needs depends on just how much mowing you'll be doing. I've got the TC33D which has similar capabilities (just adds a few more bells and whistles). I've been very happy with it on my 80+ mostly wooded acres. I would have gone bigger, but liked the small frame for manuevering in some of the tighter spots in my woods.

I have a Woods 7500 backhoe (bought used) with their new "4 point hitch" subframe and really like it. You definitely want a subframe using a backhoe with the TC30. I like both the Woods and the NH units, just happened to find a good deal on the Woods.

/ TC30 FEL Capacity & Comparsions #4  
The TC30 will easily handle 800+ lbs. I've had a dozen 80 lb bags of concrete in mine with no problem. Pulls a 5 ft brush cutter just fine. I'd say in some types of brush you could go 6 ft. I also have the Brush Hog 650 backhoe, with subframe mount and pto pump, I like it real well. The NH dealer recommend the Brush Hog bh over NH. From what I hear the new Woods 4 point mount might be an improvement.