Trade in Values

/ Trade in Values #1  

meledward23

Gold Member
Tractor
1025R
Okay,

I understand, you havent seen the equipment, it's hard to say on the net. That's why the tractor man is coming to my place to look at the equipment himself. But I am curious as to get a sounding board for what I might expect to see if he s low balling me. If so I would put it in the paper..

So what do you think I might get for these various items.

72" Core Aerator - good quality machine with, well used, worn tines (very worn) Cat1 /Cat2

48" Disc - Cat1

60" BoxBlade - Std. Cheapy like a KK, well used

1970ish Duetz, D3006 32Hp 2wd. Burns oil. Sounds Great, Needs Hydraulic Pump repaired for 3ph.

Any old guesses hat are some what reasonable would be appreciated.

/ Trade in Values #2  
Wow.. an old deutz ( good tractor.. but old.. ) that looks like it needs a rebuild... hyds aren't cheap either. Tractor guy is going to look at 1000 for parts, plus his shop labor.. He's got to figure out if he can get all the needed parts. Engine rebuild kit probably not too bad.. hyds may be a 'chase'.

Implements are rarely worth more than 1/2 price if in good condition.. drop that to 25% to 30% if old / low q brand, or extensively worn. Less in some cases.

Look in the tractor trader catalog. I saw a running deutz and well used 15' batwing listed for 8xxx$ the other day...

That said.. running ag tractors go for 3500 to 6500 all day around here.. used batwings 1200 for beaters to 3500/4000 for used and good condition.

Soundguy

/ Trade in Values
Thanks for the time of posting SoundGuy!

Yep, the old Deutz is a machine. Still runs. Runs good, just runs through oil..... I had a mechanic come fix it up some already. Boy was he good. You wouldn't believe the things we found. This tractor was stil running with over an inch of mud in the bottom of the oil pan(engine block , whatever i technically is). And still runs with good power. Just burns oil. He made his recommendations which I understood about half of. Basically, fix it up or trade it....

Interesting thing there is no oil filter, just an oil screen. The tractor was parked in the elements for 2 years not running. Cranked on his third try. Oh it wheezed for a few moments (maybe 15 seconds) and then turned over and ran fine!!! .... Wow... What a tractor.... But do I want to deal with it? I may keep it, and have it rebuilt over time, but buy another in the mean time.

Yeah I found the rebuild kit, but no the Hydraulics so far....

/ Trade in Values #4  
Some of that stuff if selling to a dealer you won't get much for it as he has to make a profit on it also. That box blade can bought new for around $400.00 So used it may run around 250 or 300. And the dealer has to make money on it also. Now if the dealer is willing to take everything then it may be worth something for you to just let it go and not have to deal with it. If you were closer and the box blade was a 6' I would be intertested in it along with the aerator. But you are a ways a way from me.

murph

/ Trade in Values
Yeah Minnesota is a Trip. I have a friend that drives up there twice a year for the Holidays, but I dont think he has a Pickup to haul stuff.

I hate selling stuff. I buy things all day long and somewhere in life I have decided the last thing I really want to do on my spare time is try and sell things to some other person. Heck, I even loathe buying things now.

I get so sick of negotiating all day long.

So we will see what the dealer will give me. If it isn't high enough to justify letting it go, I will keep it.

Must Go.... Box Blade (just bought a hydraulic one), Disc, and to rusted out Rotary Cutters (says doesnt matter how bad, he will get me some value, I just want them gone), bad shape manure spreader.

The stuff I will be mre fussy about is the Aerator 72", even in it's condition that is worth some bucks, and the ol Deutz...

/ Trade in Values #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Interesting thing there is no oil filter, just an oil screen. )</font>

Wow... didn't know you could buy a 'real' engine since the 50's with no oil filter. I know a lot of 'small' engines are that way.. but today.. manu of those do have some sort of circulation and pickup screen.

Soundguy