ford 5000

/ ford 5000 #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
Located another ford 5000 ( I have been looking for a good resto-worker candidate for a while now ). Think I have found one. Now just got to decide if I want to come off my wallet or not. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Need some moral support here guys!

Soundguy

/ ford 5000 #2  
Here, this is what you need.....You're too old, and life is now too short, buy it and be happy. Mom just today had here chest cracked open, and by-pass heart surgury done. Wrestling with old iron keeps you young........

/ ford 5000 #3  
I guess if you have the time and the money go for it. You love to tinker with them Fords and it is a great pastime for you. Do it as long as it doesn't totally take away from your family.

murph

/ ford 5000 #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Now just got to decide if I want to come off my wallet or not. )</font>

Just how high off your wallet are you going to have to come? Is the tractor running? Is it a good deal? If the answer is yes to all the right questions, you surely won't lose any money in the long run. Of course, you do need a good MFWD tractor so you can spoil yourself. How about a loader? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ ford 5000 #5  
Chris, buy it!!! You really need more tractors, how many you got? 10?

/ ford 5000 #6  
My first tractor was a 5000. (#2 was a 3000, still have it) It was one fine tractor. I bought my place as a run-down, abandon weed patch. The 5000 dragged trees out of the fields, built a road, ran fences, plowed and disced all the fields, bush hogged a small-scale jungle, and never so much as whimpered. I put over 2000 hours on it in 18 months. Oil change intervals got stepped up beyond reasonable limits sometimes. Once I got the place in shape, I bought the John Deere 2440 I have now. The 5000 ended up becoming a "science project". I bought a turbo kit and tried to make it something it wasn't..... A 5-plow tractor. For over a year, I had it cranking out well over 100 HP. Finally, it just said "I QUIT". The crankshaft snapped.

Yep! I ruined a good tractor. I sold it to a friend who put a new engine in it. Last time I checked, he still had it.

My point is, the 5000 Ford was about as good of a tractor as Ford ever built. For the right price, I'd jump at the chance to buy another one.

Save me the trouble, and buy the one you're looking at, and let me live vicariously through you! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ ford 5000
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( how many you got? 10? )</font>

If I get the 5000 yes. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Soundguy

/ ford 5000
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Just how high off your wallet are you going to have to come? Is the tractor running? Is it a good deal )</font>

Unit is running and has good wear items. I saw one a year ago that had been restored by a respected tractor mechnic top to bottom and he had it for 8500..I passed as i didn't want to specifically buy a restored tractor.. and also my wife wanted me to get 'bigger'. This one is 6xxx/7xxx range.. havn't dickered too much.. but don't think it will be too bad... and tin looks straight.. just the usualy 30+ year marks on it.. etc.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Of course, you do need a good MFWD tractor so you can spoil yourself. )</font>

Argh.. had one... my ex-nh1920.. should have never got rid of it...

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( How about a loader? )</font>

1955 ford 660 w/ ford 722 1-arm loader!

Soundguy

/ ford 5000 #9  
LOL...you're asking us to help spend your money?? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I can see that since you posed the question here your mind is already made up. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ ford 5000
Yep if there is one thing that this site is good at, it's spending other people's money.!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Soundguy