TC33DA - Buy Again? Origin of Components?

/ TC33DA - Buy Again? Origin of Components? #1  

mjcbluridg

Tractor
NH TC34DA
Hi all. New member, first post. Seriously close to buying a TC 33DA. Based on looking through the discussions, I figure there is some great advice out there. First - if you own a TC33 or similar, would you buy it again? If no, why not? Second - curious as to the origin of the parts of the machine. Know engine is Shibaura (good thing), but don't know about the rest other than "assembled in USA." Any input would be appreciated. I need the machine to EXCEL at mowing the 3 acre yard (plan on rear finish), but be capable of bush hogging, reclaiming old fields, FEL work, and lend a hand in the woods. I know that's a lot to ask of one machine, but I want to try it that way. Thanks.

/ TC33DA - Buy Again? Origin of Components? #2  
I have a TC29D which is the predecessor of the TC29DA and in the same classification of the 25 and 33 series. I love my 29. I finish mow with it, I brush hog, till and do lots of loader work. Would I buy again, you betcha. I may step up to the 33 but my 29 does everything I ask of it including running a 72" MMM side discharge.

I am not fond of the new headlights but not a big deal, I could switch to Case but love the super-steer and Case does not have that available.

murph

/ TC33DA - Buy Again? Origin of Components? #3  
<font color="blue"> ...mowing the 3 acre yard (plan on rear finish), but be capable of bush hogging, reclaiming old fields, FEL work, and lend a hand in the woods. </font>

I don't do any finish mowing with my 33D but the other tasks are regular work for me, as well as road maintenance Not once has the machine given me any doubt as to it's capabilities. I would have no reservations about doing it again.

/ TC33DA - Buy Again? Origin of Components? #4  
My understanding of the origins of my TC48DA is that it is an Italian tractor, with a Dutch name, and a Japanese join venture with Perkins, diesel engine. The loader is built in America by Rhino. The tires are Titan made in the USA also.

/ TC33DA - Buy Again? Origin of Components? #5  
I used to (year ago) own a NH 1920.. traded it back to the dealer I got it from on a bigger Nh tractor.
The NH 1920 may be a tad bigger than the 33.. but it is certaintly close.

Loved that tractor.. shouldn't have traded it... wouldn't have if I'd had an extra pile of cash laying around /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Would I buy a 1920 again.. if I needed one.. sure thing!

Soundguy

/ TC33DA - Buy Again? Origin of Components? #6  
I have a TC33D and have done all the things you mentioned. I love the machine and would buy it again in a heartbeat.

/ TC33DA - Buy Again? Origin of Components?
All - thanks for the feedback. What advice would folks offer on the following: 5' or 6' rear mount finish mower (looking at Wood rear discharge). Also, Woods offers a pretty stout "medium duty" 5' bush hog. They spec out a minimum of 30 HP for this unit - significantly more than they spec out for their light duty unit. Any experience in this area? I have some old fields to recover (amazing how fast pines grow), and would like to use the heavier BH, but don't want to overwork the tractor. Again, thanks.

/ TC33DA - Buy Again? Origin of Components? #8  
My understanding of the origins of my TC48DA is that it is an Italian tractor, with a Dutch name, and a Japanese join venture with Perkins, diesel engine. The loader is built in America by Rhino. The tires are Titan made in the USA also.
New Holland compacts are assembled in Dublin, Georgia USA(not Italy). A Japanese engine (Shibaura, not Perkins). Loader is built in Belleville, PA by New Holland (not by Rhino). You are correct about Titan tires.

/ TC33DA - Buy Again? Origin of Components? #9  
Where did the components originate?, that you speak of being assembled, and the Shibaura-Perkins diesel engine is a joint venture. What is the name of the company that builds the loader in Belleville, PA. This was told to me by a dealer sales engineer. As well as it being an Italian tractor. Where did you find out your info? Do you work assemblying these tractors, or are you involved in the manufacturing process at all? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ TC33DA - Buy Again? Origin of Components? #10  
We are speaking of two different machines, your 22, and my 48. It's very possible that the both of us are correct. Still would like to know where the components are made. Especially the transmissions for both. Mine shifts like a dream. Must be a Wednesday machine. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif