Price Check Reasonable price for a TZ/DXE 24 hp subcompact?

/ Reasonable price for a TZ/DXE 24 hp subcompact? #1  

bandit67

Veteran Member
Tractor
2012 B3000 HSDCC 2020 Z251 Zero Turn
I wanted to bounce some numbers off of you guys, as I'm trying to come up with a fair selling price for my subcompact, which I have outgrown. I have a Case DX24E, the twin to the NH TZ24DA SubCompact.

In June, 2004, I paid around $13,800 for it including tax, with the FEL, 60" MMM, and block heater. I've added some extra ROPS work lights and a Markham toothbar that will go with the machine. It now has around 156 hours on it, and has the balance of the warranty. I have at least 2 guys very interested in it, and a third guy who also wants to talk to me about it. I'm thinking of asking $10,500 for it - that would be around $3500 less than a new 25 hp machine.

What do you guys think - is that enough of a discount, or do I need to go lower?

/ Reasonable price for a TZ/DXE 24 hp subcompact? #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I paid around $13,800 for it including tax, with the FEL, 60" MMM, and block heater. I've added some extra ROPS work lights and a Markham toothbar that will go with the machine. It now has around 156 hours on it, and has the balance of the warranty. I have at least 2 guys very interested in it, and a third guy who also wants to talk to me about it. I'm thinking of asking $10,500 for it - that would be around $3500 less than a new 25 hp machine.

What do you guys think - is that enough of a discount, or do I need to go lower? )</font>

I wouldn't go any lower myself. That sounds like a good price for a tractor with only 156 hrs.

/ Reasonable price for a TZ/DXE 24 hp subcompact?
Wow, I heard from my dealer the other day, and the new DX 25E outfitted exactly like mine would come in at $15,500 with tax! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif When I got mine, it was 400-500 less than its TZ brother.

So my asking price of $10,500 is $5k less than one of these guys would pay for a new one now - I'd say someone's gonna get a pretty good deal. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Reasonable price for a TZ/DXE 24 hp subcompact? #4  
And don't forget that your price is "out the door" so to speak. As a private sale, you won't be charging sales tax, which to any potential buyer is like getting another 4% to 8% discount. I wouldn't go any lower. If it doesn't sell right away, you can always come down, but you can't go up once you quote a price.

Good luck.

Brad