Purchased My TC35A

/ Purchased My TC35A #1  

BruceNorthEast

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland TC35A
Hey guys, I just got done playing with my new machine: a used NH TC35A with 212 hours on it. It's my first tractor and I feel like a kid at Christmas! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'd like to thank everyone here for all your help; Jinman, IH3444, Soundguy, Kozak, PoleClimber, Roy, and many others - thank you all!!!

I purchased it from KC Canary in Fultonville New York (one of TBN's sponsors). A good friend (Ray) helped me get it back to my place in New Hampshire; we left at daybreak and got back after dark... FYI the salesman was Mark Brucker - a straight shooter as others here have said; decent, fair and very helpful.

I feel I got a decent deal ($15,800), and after listening to your thoughts and kicking a lot of tires, I'm thrilled with this machine. It's 4x4, got a 16LA loader & bucket, etc.

Can't wait to put it to work! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thank you all.
Bruce (attachment was edited to get it below the 100k limit).

Attachments

• 798707-TC35A_.jpg
    798707-TC35A_.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 723
   / Purchased My TC35A
Here we are in my driveway (I'm not in view), most of the pictures didn't come out due to the poor lighting... Any guess what I'll be doing come daylight? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Bruce.

Attachments

• 798714-TC35A_delivered_.jpg
    798714-TC35A_delivered_.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 662
   / Purchased My TC35A #3  
Nice looking tractor. Interesting mix of Industrial tires up
front and AGs in the rear. R-4s have higher load capacity,
but crappy traction. AGs have the traction, but tear up anything you drive on.

Did you get the HST?

Good luck!

/ Purchased My TC35A
Hi dfkrug:

This machine has the geared 12x12 shuttle shift.

It's got R4s on the front and wide Ag rears (filled). The original owner wanted more traction, but liked the floatation of the R4s on the front...

I've got a wide variety of conditions, from snow this time of year (usually lots of it), to a few wet areas and about 7 acres of plowed field for corn (messy in the spring: mud!), maybe ten or so in hay and my lawn, not to mention a little woods and my long gravel drive... I'm thinking this setup just might suit me very well.

Thanks!
Bruce (no, I dont do any of the hay/corn work).

/ Purchased My TC35A #5  
Well done Bruce but I'm jealous !! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif That's one spakin pretty look'in machine there. Looks better than mine......although I do like my lights better. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif You will need to now proudly update your profile as a true blood tractor owner. Isn't it grand !! Wait till you see what it could do......it's truly amazing.

Does'nt look like the loader has seen alot of work lately. My tractor came the same way & I was a little bummed that there was all that rust on the bucket. Well.....you won't see any rust on my bucket anymore. Once you start using it, the rust magically disappears !! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Also noticed you got some hooks already welded on. Definitely have to get some for mine. Just gives you that much more flexibility.

I agree with dfkrug. Never heard anybody on this forum mix tire types & don't think there should be any issues. With those filled AG's on the back you will pretty much be able to go anywhere.

The price you paid for it seems quite reasonable (a little out of my league there as our prices north of the border are much higher). Did you get hydrostat with it ??

Of course you will have to now drive up & down your road to show your neighbour folks...there's a new tractor in town !! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Glad Things Worked Out & Your A Proud New Owner !!

Vic

/ Purchased My TC35A #6  
Nice set up! Seeing all the new purchases gets me feeling anxious for an upgrade. Have Fun !!!

/ Purchased My TC35A
Hi Kozak:

This machine is the geared version with the 12 forward and 12 reverse gears - shuttle shift for forward/reverse on the console. I've heard/read guys with these talk about how easy it is to quickly switch from forward to reverse after loading up the bucket (some say they can flick the lever with a couple of fingers while still holding onto the steering wheel with the same hand and using the other for the FEL joystick, but I'm not so sure). I've driven the hydro, and liked it. This is my first tractor and I think I'll be reasonably happy, I can live without infinitely variable speed control - though it would be nice to be able to change direction with my foot...

Here's a shot this morning; I'd hoped to be on it by now but the colder temps have returned (teens) and everything has frost on it (doesn't show well in this pic). Am taking my time while the thermometer creeps up /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif but I'll be on it soon, I've already planned a few chores! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PS: The ice you can see has dramatically receded, thanks to the unusually warm temps and rain we've had recently. It'll be a skating rink again soon, will need chains, and come spring - a few loads of gravel /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Bruce.

Attachments

• 798889-TC35A_FirstMorn.jpg
    798889-TC35A_FirstMorn.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 415
   / Purchased My TC35A #8  
Very nice setup Bruce, you'll be pleased!!!!

/ Purchased My TC35A #9  
Hey Bruce! Congratulations! That's a beauty! I think it looks better in your pictures than in the original picture you posted from KC Canary. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I think you are gonna love what that tractor can do for you.

I see it has the extendable lower lift links on the 3PH and it also looks like a deluxe seat. I can't tell for sure, but the steering wheel looks like it's the non-tilt type. That will save you some worry about the pneumatic cylinder getting water/ice in it and failing as some here have experienced. I use my tilt some, but it's not a big thing with me on my tractor. There's something to be said for keeping things simple and not worrying about something else that can fail.

If you ever decide to convert that front bucket to QA, that's a fairly easy process, but it will cost about $600. The QA plate that attaches to the loader arms can be bought directly from NH and they will sell you an adapter plate that can be welded onto the bucket. I elected to install a Kasco Unihitch on my bucket and it didn't save me a nickel. I should have just had my bucket welded up with the QA adapter. The QA setup will allow you to quickly change the bucket to pallet forks or any other skid steer implement (non-hydraulic). It will also let you remove the bucket for mowing without having to take off the remove the whole loader.

I know you are dying to get out and get some dirt "flyin." To be on the safe side, I recommend you do a bolt survey to ensure there are no missing bolts on the tractor undercarriage and also test/tighten the loader subframe attachments. This will take a set of metric wrenches/sockets. It's a pain to do, but that tractor has just enough hours for something to start working loose and you don't want a failure that could have been prevented by a few quick checks. While you are under there checking the bolts is also a great time to become familiar with the locations of all grease zerks, drain plugs, and pedal interlock switches. Just look at it as a great learning adventure. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Bruce, I'm really happy for you. In the next few weeks you will have tons of questions and there are plenty of people here who will love giving you all the help you need. We all want to make this as good an experience for you as possible, so feel free to ask questions.

Again, congratulations on a great purchase and a great deal. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Purchased My TC35A
Hi BrewDog, BillBill1 and JinMan, thanks for the comments.

(BrewDog and Bill, both your profiles mention football as a hobby - playing or as a fan? I'm the latter...).

Jim, I just gave it a fast visual going over and that was it - boy it's not hard to see your affiliation with Naval Air shine through (and its' corresponding professionalism); on final approach for a nighttime carrier landing, you can't pull over and pop the hood when something fails, so it's got to be reliable. You're absolutely right, I'll grab the ratchet set and check things more thoroughly before taking it out again...

I need to invest in two things ASAP: a grease gun and a torque wrench. Without spending as though I had money, which I don't, any recommendations?
Bruce.