TC 30 any input please?!

/ TC 30 any input please?! #1  

Timmmmah

Tractor
2005 L 3130 FST
I am considering a TC 30 and also the K grand L 3130 they are both harvest returns and great prices, but the Kubota is 3k more... is it worth it or is the TC 30 enough?! any feedback from owner appreciated, i am getting down to the wire on decisions here. I posted a similiar question in the kubota forum so please dont flame me out.. but i would like to get feedback from both sides of the coin...

I have 2 acres which the majority of is is stables with 3 maybe in the future 4 horses. I am NOT going to be running any PTO implements, except maybe a REMOTE maybe a tiller or a auger. Most of the time i will be using the FEL, a 5' box scraper and a harrow. I live in Reno/Sparks area in Nevada, so is usually pretty dry. I have a ton of rocks i am going to be initailly going to try and rip up with the teeth on the box scraper ( i know i will be losing them as fast as a shark loses teeth) and then filling and leveling with DG and then just maintaining it with the harrow. I dont give a (*&% about the cup holder and other warm and fuzzy items on the 3130, but i do like the extra 1000 lbs of mass and bigger diameter tires for putting the HP to the ground. And the much higher capacity of the loader. BUT HONESTLY would it be worth the extra 3k when the TC - 30 would probably suffice?

Input MUCH appreciated...

/ TC 30 any input please?! #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( BUT HONESTLY would it be worth the extra 3k when the TC - 30 would probably suffice?
)</font>

Your wallet.. Is it worth it to you?

You can always add ballast to the tc 30. I feel it is a decent NH tractor.. and either is deffinately a lot of tractor for 2 ac. If you ballaste dit.. you could take the ballast off when not needed.. vs having a all-the-time heavier tractor. Course with mostly rock picking and ground engagement going on.. I'll bet you leave the weights on.

I'm not so sure that larger diamater tires help get the hp to the ground and better than smaller diameter. IMHO.. width is what you are looking for.. and agressiveness of the tires. No doubt that r-1 will be the most agressive.. etc..

Soundguy

/ TC 30 any input please?! #3  
Both machines mentioned are fine tractors. Keep in mind the TC-30 is considered a economy tractor, where as the 3130 has more bells and whistles. A better comparasion Bota vs. NH would be a 3130 vs, a TC-33, or even a TC-35.

I did read where some 3130 owners felt like the tractor was a little underpowered for it's size. You may want to search thru the Bota forums on that subject.

Good Luck.....

Let us know what you buy.

/ TC 30 any input please?! #4  
I had a TC30 and they are excellent tractors. However, If I could buy a L3130 for only $3K more, I believe I would go with the L3130, assuming other factors are generally equal (reasonably similar condition, reasonably similar hours, etc.). The seat on the L3130 will be seem to be worth the difference after a few 8 to 10 hour days of seat time. The L3130 FEL is stronger. My son has a L3130 and I compared it to my TC30 very carefully. The additonal weight seems to add to its stability. I traded my TC30 for a TC33DA to get a better seat and to get HST (the clutch was killing my left knee). However, either machine will do a very good job for you. Hope you enjoy whichever one that you choose.

/ TC 30 any input please?! #5  
Yeah, you really are not comparing apples to apples here. Why don't you stop by your local NH dealership and have them show you their TC33, much more comparable as far as features go...the TC30 is an old gal!!

/ TC 30 any input please?!
the reasons i am choosing between these two are these are the only two i have to choose from as harvent returns, the TC 30 is 13K with Loader and the 3130 is 16k with loader, i know there are significant differences.. but as i mentioned in the post what i was going to be doing with it, was just wondering if the diff in cost is worth it

/ TC 30 any input please?! #7  
I'm sorry, I read that earlier and for some reason forgot about them being harvest returns. In that case I would drive both of them and see for yourself if you think the extra bells and whistles on the Kubota are worth the 3K. If you don't think they are then you just made up your mind for yourself. Both are good little tractors, obviously the Kubota specs out better, but 3K better...your call...

/ TC 30 any input please?! #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( TC 30 is 13K with Loader and the 3130 is 16k with loader)</font>

I'm a blue guy... but this deal just screams orange. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I think I'd opt for the 'bota if it looked solid.

/ TC 30 any input please?!
yeah i am thinking so myself... now just to convince momma

/ TC 30 any input please?! #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( yeah i am thinking so myself... now just to convince momma )</font>

Momma? Hey, you didn't mention the "momma factor." You may have to buy momma something nice and shiny too. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif