Default Important Feature I Forgot

Love my new TN70, but while shopping, I overlooked one important feature that I wish I had on my new tractor......A CUPHOLDER! How could I forget???? How could they ship a new tractor without a cupholder? Guess i'll mount one of those plastic car cupholders on the wheelwell....but i'm disappointed <g>. Bushhogging on a cool fall morning without my coffee travel mug by my side will just not do.......

Dave Herndon
    Grover, NC

Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

Default Re: Important Feature I Forgot

That is something I have been going to put on my 65 for over a year now but never get around to doing it. Let me know how yours turns out.

<font color=blue>Robert Turk Jr.</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Whitetail Splendor Deer Farms</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Silver Creek, NY</font color=blue>

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2910; Kubota T1670

Davehern,

Check out the 'Chalkey Cup" thread in the tractor customizing section. You will likely have to do a search as it is an old thread.

Tractor
    2001 TN65, 1951 8N Ford

I'm thinking the best place for a cupholder would be on the floorboard against the fender on the left. I tried the right side but it gets in the way of the diff lock.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    2001 New Holland TN70,2003 John Deere 250 Series II skidsteer,1987 John Deere 2155,2013 John Deere 5055E MFWD,2007 Duramax 4x4 truck, 1973 MF 165,Artic Cat 550 Cougar sled

I know what you mean. I just got my new TN70 tractor last Friday and like it very much so far.I think the lift o-matic feature on it is really handy when you get use to it.A cup holder is the only thing I want to add to it so far.The first job I did with it was mowing also, because I wanted to try out the new Bush Hog Squealer that we had delivered with it.

Tractor
    New Holland TN70

I'm thinking the spot is right behind the lift levers on the right, mounted against the wheel well. You can sit a big coffee mug (with sipper lid) there now, but no guarantees it will stay. I took a small bungee cord and strapped it down the other day, but that's a pain to deal with and drive at the same time....&lt;g&gt;

Dave Herndon
    Grover, NC

Tractor
    New Holland TN70

Hey, great lead! This is a great idea....I can make a magnet base for my favorite big mug (with a little super glue!)

http://www.fieldlines.com/other/chalkley.htm

Thanks fishman!

Dave Herndon
    Grover, NC