Price Check tc45da price? hows it compare to the JD 3720 model

/ tc45da price? hows it compare to the JD 3720 model #1  

Ramairfreak98ss

Silver Member
Tractor
Ferris/Simplicity/John Deere
Im comparing between the JD model, i know all of its specs, how is the new holland model? Whats its price for the 47hp motor model listed here plus a loader? any pros/cons vs the JD priced at $22,xxx without a loader?

/ tc45da price? hows it compare to the JD 3720 model #2  
The TC45DA at first look would be a fairly equal comparison for this John Deere model, but when you start dissecting them further the New Holland clearly jumps out, at least in my mind. It might be more comparable to the larger 4000 series John Deere. But in my mind it should be compared to these model Deere's.

Size wize they are fairly similar. The New Holland is a slightly longer and wider machine. It falls sqaure in the middle of the the 3720 size John Deere and the Larger 4000 series Deeres. I will say that since this is the second to largest Deere compact and second to largest New Hollland Compact that they are indeed comparable machines.

The overall length with 3 point hitch: Deere 120.2, New Holland 125.2

Width: Could not find comparable markers. Or for Tire size.

Hp is similar: 44 for John Deere, 45 for the Newholland. The New Holland however is a larger 4 cylinder engine with a displacement of 135.3 cu. in. the Deere is a Turbo 3 cylinder at 91.5 cu. in.

PTO Hp: Deere 35, New Holland 38.

Hydraulic output: Deere 13.9 gpm, New Holland 14.9

3pt lift at 24" behind center: Deere 2200 lb's, New Holland 2330

Loader lift capacity at pivot point: Deere 1598, New Holland 1955

Lift capacity at 19.7 inches: Deere does not specify, New Holland 1540 (almost as much as the Deere at the pivot point, Huge advantage for the New Holland)

Weight: the Deere comes in around 2900 lb's, the New Holland at around 3500 lb's.

Price of the New Holland varies. To get an idea visit Corriher Implements to get a quote. They will email back a quote with 30-90 seconds when requested on their interent site. I'm sure they are a grand or two cheaper than most dealers. I was quoted mid 23,### for a TC45da with 16LA loader. This includes most everything such as the deluxe three point hitch etc. Most of these types of items are optional on the Deere so make sure you are comparing apples to apples when evaluating the quotes.

As far as my opinions of the machines. I really like the New Holland. After spending a long amount of time with each I like the little things on the New Holland. Just open the hood for instance. The New Holland has a really nice latch and the hood is heavily reinforced. It opens easily with hydraulic cylinder assist. The Deere is not nearly as nice. The seat on the New Holland swivels. The steering wheel telescopes and raises and lowers. Just a lot of nice featues. The Deere is nice as well. It actually feels more "car" like when sitting at the wheel. Both have some nice features. The Deere has the loadmatch. That's a nice feature the Deere has over the New Holland. The New Holland has a high-low range selector on the loader control. That a great feature for the New Holland. If your blood flows green, then that is a big advantage for the Deere. All in all, both are very nice but I lean towards the New Holland.

Sorry for the long winded reply.

/ tc45da price? hows it compare to the JD 3720 model #3  
Great job of summing up the New Holland highlights, Aesanders. All I would add is that the New Holland quick-attach loader is skidsteer compatible. I believe the Deere's (except the LB110) are JD's proprietary system. Also, the NH can have remote hydraulic valves added one at a time up to a maximum of three with no extra cost. Some tractors, Kubota specifically, don't have this capability. I'm not sure about Deere. Finally, the rear wheels are adjustable on the NH. I'm not sure the same is true on the Deere.

...just my thoughts.

/ tc45da price? hows it compare to the JD 3720 model #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Also, the NH can have remote hydraulic valves added one at a time up to a maximum of three with no extra cost. Some tractors, Kubota specifically, don't have this capability. )</font>

Jim,

Not quite sure what your are trying to say here. If you mean stackable valves then the Grand L Kubotas are just like the NH's in that you can add up to 3 valves, one at a time as needed. Also, I don't believe that the NH valves are free although they may be cheaper than the MSRP on the Kubota stackables.

/ tc45da price? hows it compare to the JD 3720 model #5  
New Hollands valves are cheaper. about 8/10 Kubota's are stackable, there are a handful that are not.

/ tc45da price? hows it compare to the JD 3720 model #6  
Neil and MadRef,
A few years ago when I was looking at an L4610, the Kubota salesman told me I would have to make a decision on how many remotes I wanted because they came in a unit of 1, 2, or 3. Since that time, I thought I had seen the same thing on an L5030. I did not know that Kubota had changed that feature and I stand corrected on that point. I'm still not sure if Deere does the same or not.

Mad, what I was referring to (but didn't state too clearly) was that the New Holland remotes are the same price EACH whether you buy 1,2 or 3. There is no "additional cost penalty" for adding remotes later. You just add one to the stack. Perhaps Kubota has now adopted that design. If so, I think that's a big plus. Thanks for correcting me. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ tc45da price? hows it compare to the JD 3720 model #7  
Jim,

I believe the Lxx10 series had stackable valves too. As Neil said they are rather expensive with around $600 ($400 base kit and $200 spool) for the first and about $400 ($200 stacking kit and $200 spool) each for the second and third. There is no additional cost penalty other than labor. Maybe the dealer was talking about the stacking kit which is required for each spool no matter what.

/ tc45da price? hows it compare to the JD 3720 model #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Price of the New Holland varies. To get an idea visit Corriher Implements to get a quote. They will email back a quote with 30-90 seconds when requested on their interent site. I'm sure they are a grand or two cheaper than most dealers. I was quoted mid 23,### for a TC45da with 16LA loader. This includes most everything such as the deluxe three point hitch etc. Most of these types of items are optional on the Deere so make sure you are comparing apples to apples when evaluating the quotes.
Sorry for the long winded reply. )</font>

The reply was great! How did the cost of transport from NC to your place impact the price???? I know they were less $$, so does shipping increase the overall price to negate the $$ saved?
Bob

/ tc45da price? hows it compare to the JD 3720 model #9  
I didn't get a shipping quote. I'm still a few months out from my purchase, but will get a quote when the time nears. I would still prefer to buy from a local dealer though so if I could get a decent buy near me I will certainly go that route. However, money talks so I will definately listen to the shipping quote from Corriher and decide when I am ready to buy.