What a tough looking little machine, TC30 with ags

/ What a tough looking little machine, TC30 with ags #1  

HRS

Gold Member
This morning I made it up to my NH dealer to check on the status of my little tractor, the TC30. As soon as I pulled up on the lot I saw her, and boy is she nice looking. Actually, I had R1 tires put on, so I was very curious as to how they would affect the tractors profile. I've only ever seen R1 tires on a 2wd TC30 but not the 4wd. This dealer, nor others, could remember placing ags on the 30. They all said that most people want the R4's for yard concerns, so they never bother to order them in with R1's. And what a difference they make for this little tractors appearance. Kind of reminds me of a short yet muscled-up bodybuilder. I believe that it is going to make a substantial little machine with such claws on all four wheels. It will be used as a garden, foodplot, small scale brush mowing machine, so I'm not concerned about yard erosion. Oh, it needs to be trailered, often. This is why I'm not going for a larger, heavy ag machine with R1 tires. Apparently, however, the dealership's owner (guy I'm actually working with) must have liked the combination too. For on his dock, I saw a second set of R1's for a TC 30 that had recently been dropped on his yard. Interesting development when I consider that he was kind of trying to sway me towards the R4 tires at first. Now this was not because he wanted to sale me one with R4's. In fact, he did not have a TC he could sale me at the time, so anything I decided on would have to be ordered in, which it was.

While I was there, I enquired on the brush guard for this tractor again. He said he had found the part's number for it, but could not find a picture for me. In his shop he had an after market that would work. Maybe I am being a little snobbish, but I really wanted it to be a NH match for the tractor. Since the price difference was only about $20 I told him to order one for me. He was actually in favor of me doing this instead of buying the one he had. The owner said he had never put a brush guard on a TC30 nor had he seen the one made for it by NH. So I guess in about a week we will both know. Also, the after market did not have a bracket that would allow for weights. I think the NH guard does. I'm also having a lefthand step and finder grip added.

/ What a tough looking little machine, TC30 with ags #2  
Hi,

Your machine sounds very stout. I bet it will be quite the beast with those R1's. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
I would really like to hear about the brush guard when you get it. Sounds very interesting.
Don't forget to post lots of pics when you finally take delivery. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ What a tough looking little machine, TC30 with ags #3  
Congratulations on the new tractor.

Be sure to post some pictures when you get it home. I'm curious to see a 4wd TC30 with ag tires too.

/ What a tough looking little machine, TC30 with ags
Will get you a picture of bguard as soon as it comes in. Now, I've also learned that the spec sheets are for close approximations. I've just completed the first part of modifying the door I've got to drive this tractor through. The spec sheet says 82.4 with ag tires to the top of ROPS. Well, it actually measured 83 3/4 when I pulled the tape at the dealer. It was a 1/2 inch to tall ! But no biggie, it has turned out to be a rather simple fix. Should have the modificatons complete by tomorrow. Eventually, I'd like to put in a larger door anyway.

I will do. I also insisted that a few pieces of equipment, tiller and rotary cutter, be NH as well. They make a nice looking match.

/ What a tough looking little machine, TC30 with ags #6  
Check out item 7599833454 on ebay. I believe those are ags on it.

/ What a tough looking little machine, TC30 with ags #7  
Imteresting about R1's. Most if not all TC30's my dealer sells have R1's. Must be a regional thing.

Andy

/ What a tough looking little machine, TC30 with ags #8  
Here's my TC30 with R1's

/ What a tough looking little machine, TC30 with ags #9  
I don't think the first picture came out so here's another try

Attachments

• 848603-tc30 r1\'s.jpg
    848603-tc30 r1\'s.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 391
Must be. When I get mine, this week if they get it all together, it will be the first I've seen set up with them, 4wd that is.