TL Series

/ TL Series #1  

Phred

Veteran Member
Tractor
TN70D, 4wd, 16x16 trans
Question:

Anyone own a TL 90 or similar tractor?

While these are not exactly the right tool for mowing a lawn, they seem to be a very nice unit for about the cost of a high end TN series. In addition, you get a nicer cab, a better transmission is standard, and more HP. Also these units weight much more than the TN series. This is probably a good thing for FEL and Ag use if you have the acerage to manuever these larger units.

Any thoughts on these and insight into reasonable price would be appreciated.

Fred

/ TL Series #2  
I looked at the TL90 when I was shopping. I liked it, but the dealer in my area seemed to only be willing to sell at list price. Wound up getting a 5520 Deere for about $4000 less, but I did really like the forward visibility of the TL series. The 3PH lift capacity was really high (so high that I suspect that is was not listed correctly, as it was about the same as the weight of the tractor), and the loader had good specs. I mostly wound up with the Deere because the NH dealer was not really interested in selling at anything but full list price. If you can find a good dealer, the TL seems like a great tractor.

rf33
rf33_sig_better.gif
/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ TL Series
Ron,

I guess a lot depends on the local dealer. I do not have access to a good deere dealer and the local NH dealer is very good, and willing to deal.

Fred

/ TL Series #4  
I think that the dealer is the biggest determining factor in selecting a tractor from among the orange, blue, and green types. I think that all three are such good, competitive products, that the dealer is the primary deciding factor. Good luck in your search.

rf33
rf33_sig_better.gif
/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif