Rear snow blower or front mounted snow blower

/ Rear snow blower or front mounted snow blower #11  
I have a B7800 Kubota with a front mounted blower. Because I break so many shear bolts on the impeller, I am thinking of going to a rear mounted blower. I am hoping this solves my problem.

/ Rear snow blower or front mounted snow blower #12  
I have a B7800 Kubota with a front mounted blower. Because I break so many shear bolts on the impeller, I am thinking of going to a rear mounted blower. I am hoping this solves my problem.

Got my tractor with a drag behind snowblower and it works great! Saved $4000 not going with the front mounted blower. I didn't have troubles until I was into 14" old snow. Ya I had to play, lol.

Attachments

• tractor profile 200.jpg
    tractor profile 200.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 1,672
  • me in tractor 200.jpg
    me in tractor 200.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 9,824
   / Rear snow blower or front mounted snow blower #13  
I've had various sized blowers. Mainly 9ft and 8ft. With big ole' iron tractors. Big cabs. Very roomy. Now i have a TN75da, with a rearmount, 7 1/2 ft blower. does bother my neck a little more, because of the smaller cab. But, it's gotten a lot better, just getting used to the new tractor. I have a 650ft driveway. Blow it about 3 passes wide. Have to, because of a little drifting.(I also have various other areas to blow, takes about 1 1/2 total) Eventually, I'm going to put a Q/A snowblade on the FEL. Small storms(6 inches+/-) I will windrow the snow into the center of driveway. Than make one pass with the blower. Right now on the small storms, it doesn't take that long, just can back up faster. I'm not 20 minutes opening up the driveway, on average.

I have liked the idea of front blowers, until I think about having to unhook and use the FEL. I have come to use my FEL alot more than i ever realized. especially with a set of Q/A Forks.

But these guys in this link make a nice looking front blower, that unhooks easily.
Michigan Iron & Equipment: Kioti Dealer

But still looks a little cumbersome.

Not sure how many storms we get a year, but we average about 8 to 10ft of snowfall in a season. Must be comparable to Wis.

/ Rear snow blower or front mounted snow blower #14  
I've had various sized blowers. Mainly 9ft and 8ft. With big ole' iron tractors. Big cabs. Very roomy. Now i have a TN75da, with a rearmount, 7 1/2 ft blower. does bother my neck a little more, because of the smaller cab. But, it's gotten a lot better, just getting used to the new tractor. I have a 650ft driveway. Blow it about 3 passes wide. Have to, because of a little drifting.(I also have various other areas to blow, takes about 1 1/2 total) Eventually, I'm going to put a Q/A snowblade on the FEL. Small storms(6 inches+/-) I will windrow the snow into the center of driveway. Than make one pass with the blower. Right now on the small storms, it doesn't take that long, just can back up faster. I'm not 20 minutes opening up the driveway, on average.

I have liked the idea of front blowers, until I think about having to unhook and use the FEL. I have come to use my FEL alot more than i ever realized. especially with a set of Q/A Forks.

But these guys in this link make a nice looking front blower, that unhooks easily.
Michigan Iron & Equipment: Kioti Dealer

But still looks a little cumbersome.

Not sure how many storms we get a year, but we average about 8 to 10ft of snowfall in a season. Must be comparable to Wis.

I agree having the fel for use is a real plus!

/ Rear snow blower or front mounted snow blower #15  
Having had both, I'm more productive with a 63" blower on a 30hp tractor than I was with a 72" blower on a 45hp tractor. I lot more comfortable too.

/ Rear snow blower or front mounted snow blower #16  
If you get a quality front mount blower, I really don't see the need for the FEL. But lets say you do get a huge storm of wet snow, and the plow piled it 3 feet high at your driveway entrance, and your blower can't handle it. For those rare occasions, you hook up your QA FEL and clear it. Whats the big deal? At least for the other 95% of the time, you are comfortably driving and looking foward.

I have one tractor with a front mount blower and another with a FEL, and I have yet to use the FEL, even with all the snow and ice we had this year. The tractor I have the blower on is a GX345, much smaller then what your looking at, so I just can't see you having any problems, but you always have the backup FEL, just in case.

One thing I do agree with, a cab is a must have with a blower, front or rear. No matter which way the wind blows around your house, a blower is just no fun without a cab.

Here is my setup:

IMG_0167.jpg

/ Rear snow blower or front mounted snow blower #19  
A front snow blower may not cost you more if you have a machine like mine, german machine called Holder, has front and rear PTO as well as front and rear 3 point so for me front blower and rear adjustable blade. When you have a lot of snow, a snow blower beats a loader hands down. Like was said before, depends on your age, condition, terrain etc. There is no way I would consider a rear blower but that is mostly because a have not only a long way to blow but my road also curves in the mountain.

Regards

Richard

/ Rear snow blower or front mounted snow blower #20  
I have a front blower and have no regrets. I put a blade on the back and the blower on the front. I personally, would never go back to a rear blower, just my personal preference.