Price Check Fair price for a Ford 1210?

/ Fair price for a Ford 1210? #1  

mjcbluridg

Tractor
NH TC34DA
Hi folks. Took delivery last week of a new NH TC34DA with loader and mower deck. From what I can tell, it was one of the first retail sales in the country for this new model. One sweet tractor.
Since I have the new unit, I no longer need my beloved Ford 1210. So, my question is: what would seem like a reasonable price? It's a 1986, 2wd, gear, with MMM. Have advertised locally for $4500 with no takers. Keep getting comments like "it's so old" or "it's so small." I've looked at TractorHouse.com, and it seems like most of those ones are about used up, and the sellers ask $3000 - $5500. Mine has 960 hrs and looks nearly new. Seems like the prospective buyers can't understand build quality and the value of properly maintaining a machine.
Do you think that the lack of 4wd, hyrdro trans, and a loader makes this tractor so unattractive that I need to greatly lower my price? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

/ Fair price for a Ford 1210? #2  
3500-5000 in my area.

Soundguy

/ Fair price for a Ford 1210? #3  
My humble opinion is that's a reasonable asking price. If your don't need to get rid of it real fast, I would be patient and wait for the right person to come along. Not everyone needs 4wd and a FEL and as far as hydro goes, I prefer gears!

/ Fair price for a Ford 1210? #4  
HI,
that does sound like one sweet ride! Don't forget the pictures when you get a chance! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Why didn't you trade your 1210? I think your asking price is on the mark and it still allows some room for negotiations if you have a prospective buyer. I traded my 1210 in about 2 years ago when I purchased my TC30. It was 4wheel drive, gear and had a FEL. I believe it was around 1400 hours. The dealer gave me $5500.00 to $5800.00. Can't quite remember and to lazy to look it up. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I know he gave me a reasonable trade in since I bought new from him especially considering that I only paid $5000.00 for the 1210 when I purchased it.
If your not in a hurry, I would stick to my guns and hold your price for a while like Iowachild had said.
Good luck with the new machine and don't forget the pictures. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Fair price for a Ford 1210?
Guys - thanks for the input. As far as trade in value, the dealer was thinking $2500 tops - a pretty fair chunk of change below what I'd like to get. I'll keep trying, might even consider e-bay (??). I hope to take some pictures soon and will post. thanks again.

/ Fair price for a Ford 1210? #6  
Would love to hear all about the TC 34; What is new, etc. First I have heard that they are even for sale now. Curious minds want to know

/ Fair price for a Ford 1210? #7  
Curious as to if you sold the 1210 and if so, what you got for it. I going to try to sell my 1310 soon.

/ Fair price for a Ford 1210?
Once the sun came out and the snow ceased, it sold quickly for $3800. It was, however, an extremely nice tractor. The guy that bought it had been looking at used tractors for about a year, and said he had never seen one so pristine.

Daveg - I would be happy to try to answer any questions about the new TC34. From what I can tell, it's much the same as the 33, with a bigger motor and few improvements.