Gave up on used going for new

/ Gave up on used going for new #1  

johnnylight

Gold Member
Tractor
TC34DA
hi,

I gave up on finding a used T/L/B -hard to find, or beat up and abuse how can anyone abuse a machine like that I found one split into 2 pieces.

So I went to Dealer here's what I came up with

TC26DA HST T/L/B used rear deck mower 15hrs,rake $24,250

TC30 HST same set up $25,500

are these good prices?

my story
I live upstate NY 3.7 acres with grade.
swap, water issues--I need to run a couple of trenches for drains, lots of dead trees, stumps, grading issues need fill.
existing large area for grass is all weed and small rocks 3 to 4 inch size rocks everywhere.

should I consider looking at the TC29DA?

any suggestions greatly appreciated.
John

/ Gave up on used going for new #2  
The 29, in either Case or NH colors, is a closer match to the TC30 than the 26. The 29/33 series is being phased out,
replaced with 31/34 with slightly more displacement. I don't know the timing of the new models or whether there will be deals to be had or not, but you might ask.

I have a Case DX29 due to arrive any day. The 29/33 or 31/34 is a somewhat more modern and feature laden tractor than the TC30. IMHO it is way more comfortable than the 23/26 due to the seat, the adjustable link ends, the crank leveler, and a host of other features. It also fits my body a lot better. I think if you sit one and drive it a bit you will find you like it a lot. Nothing at all against the TC 30, but the ergonomics of the 29 etc. are better and you will be less fatigued after a lot of hours in the seat.

Moving rocky soil with the loader will take some power and some teeth on the loader bucket. A rear box blade might become your best friend before those jobs are done. Make sure the backhoe is subframe mounted. The one you saw broken in half probably wasn't.

/ Gave up on used going for new #3  
I think the TC30 price is pretty high. At least it would be here in Missouri.

/ Gave up on used going for new
Thanks for the info I love this site.
I thought the TC29DA was the latest--I have a lot to learn
I edited my post the rocks are 3 to 4 inches in size would a rake attachment do the job?

What's a good price for this set up?
I will travel for the right price.

it been 2 years of reading post and seaching for used.
Thanks for all the help you guys and gals are great.

I have now joined your ranks
I bought the TC34DA HST with loader,backhoe,finish mower,rake,and Q/A forks-- delivery Thursday.

/ Gave up on used going for new #6  
jhonnylight,

Goodman......you went for BIGGER tractor with NICE deluxe features....believe me you won't regret it !! Beautiful machine. Holy-Ring-Molly you even got a BH. MUST be in cloud 9 !!

Don't forget pics. We LOVE pics !!

Vic

Thanks Vic,

I needed that--I took a drive out to PA yesterday to buy the TC35DA when I got there my first impression was WOW that's a big tractor for my property (size wise) so sitting right next to it was the TC34DA -I cant beleve all that power fits in that unique package, and that's how I bought her.

The only problem is I really like the bigger machine.-here's the but but I only have 3.7 acres, and knowing me I would feel the opposite right now if I went with the TC35DA--I would have wanted the TC34DA.

Very excited cant sleep all my projects are running through my head--lots of good hard work ahead.

I'll post some pictures when she get's here.

/ Gave up on used going for new #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks Vic,

I needed that--I took a drive out to PA yesterday to buy the TC35DA when I got there my first impression was WOW that's a big tractor for my property (size wise) so sitting right next to it was the TC34DA -I cant beleve all that power fits in that unique package.

The only problem is I really like the bigger machine.-here's the but but I only have 3.7 acres, and knowing me I would feel the opposite right now if I went with the TC35DA--I would have wanted the TC34DA.

Very excited cant sleep all my projects are running through my head--lots of good hard work ahead.

I'll post some pictures when she get's here. )</font>

Problem /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I see no problem with more power!
Go for it!
Bob

Should I ask for a couple of hooks to be welded on the loader while they still have it or should I just use the forks for lifting?

/ Gave up on used going for new #10  
get at least 2 hooks on the top edge of the bucket & get the top edge reinforced

Andy