Price Check Price Check on NH 256 Rolabar Rake

/ Price Check on NH 256 Rolabar Rake #1  

tkcomer

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 3039R
Hey all. Does anybody know what the new price of a New Holland 256 Rolabar rake would cost? With or with out the dolly. I’m looking for a used one but prices are all over the map. My local NH dealer closed up shop last year and the other dealers stock the big wheel V rakes. Since the quality of my hay varies considerably I’m not sure the V rake is a good idea. I generally triple rake the hay but sometimes if it’s heavy, I double rake. Or if it’s real thin, I may quad rake it. It just depends on the condition of the hay. I have a 256 but it is very old and getting real close to needing serious repair. Any replies would be appreciated.

/ Price Check on NH 256 Rolabar Rake #2  
Most of them I see sold in fair to good working condition are around the $1250.00- 1750.00 range. For a super straight super clean you'd be around the $2500.00-3500.00 hope that helps.

/ Price Check on NH 256 Rolabar Rake
The ones I see in the trade magazines seem to be in the $2000 range for a good one. $2500 for the “like new” rakes. But they all seem to be over 200 miles away. But then I got to wondering what a new one cost. $3500? I hate to hassle dealers asking new prices when I have no intention of buying one.

/ Price Check on NH 256 Rolabar Rake #4  
I just bought a used one in good shape for $2000. my area dealers are asking around $4500 for a new one.

/ Price Check on NH 256 Rolabar Rake #5  
I just bought a used one in good shape for $2000. my area dealers are asking around $4500 for a new one.