Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 78
  1. #31
    New Member 1210man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Tractor
    1964 Ferguson 35 deluxe

    Default Re: ford 1700

    Does the ford 1700 have live pto. I have just looked at a 1981 ford 1700 which is listed in my local paper with 1805 hrs on it and the owner stated it had live pto. I have not seen it in person yet, just looking for some info if this tractor has a two stage clutch or independent live pto. Any info would be appreciated.

    Thanks.

    1210 man.

  2. #32
    Elite Member JC-jetro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,132
    Location
    Kansas
    Tractor
    Ford 1700, Kubota MX-4700

    Default Re: ford 1700

    Quote Originally Posted by 1210man View Post
    Does the ford 1700 have live pto. I have just looked at a 1981 ford 1700 which is listed in my local paper with 1805 hrs on it and the owner stated it had live pto. I have not seen it in person yet, just looking for some info if this tractor has a two stage clutch or independent live pto. Any info would be appreciated.

    Thanks.

    1210 man.
    I know live PTO (dual clutch) was an option but yet to see and hear one that said his had that option. I don't recall any of the 1700 owners here ever said he is got live pto on 1700. I don't thing "independence" hydraulically operated pto with single main clutch was ever an option. I just call and specifically ask or go there and check it out. Do you know how to check it?
    You can remove the rubber cover on the transmission housing and that can ols reveal single or dual stage clutch.

    JC,
    Ford 1700, 2wd.
    Kubota MX-4700DT, Gear transmission with LA 884 loader, Q/A and HD bucket.
    60" Woods Rotary Cutter, home made (3-pt boom and a Row Hipper) ,King Kutter( 5 ft Tiller,Middle Buster,Single Row Cultivator,Carry-all, 5 ft blade, 6 ft Landscaping Rake ,30" Dirt Scoop and a 4'x4' Drag Harrow)

  3. #33
    New Member 1210man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Tractor
    1964 Ferguson 35 deluxe

    Default Re: ford 1700

    Jc:

    Thanks. I questioned the fact that he said it had live pto. I left a message for him to contact me back, however, he hasn't replied as of yet. Yes, I do know how to check. So, the dual clutch was an option, but no one on the forum has one. Interesting. He said this was owned by a cementary and they had a three point hitch finish mower on the back. It does not have a draw bar. So, the motor has 1805 hrs on it but probably not hard hrs since it was used for mowing. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

    1210 man.

  4. #34
    Elite Member JC-jetro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,132
    Location
    Kansas
    Tractor
    Ford 1700, Kubota MX-4700

    Default Re: ford 1700

    Quote Originally Posted by 1210man View Post
    Jc:

    Thanks. I questioned the fact that he said it had live pto. I left a message for him to contact me back, however, he hasn't replied as of yet. Yes, I do know how to check. So, the dual clutch was an option, but no one on the forum has one. Interesting. He said this was owned by a cementary and they had a three point hitch finish mower on the back. It does not have a draw bar. So, the motor has 1805 hrs on it but probably not hard hrs since it was used for mowing. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

    1210 man.
    1210,

    Why mentioning a draw bar? is there any significance there? I suppose it has the lift arm and the top link? are you saying that the lift system was not used much?. I suppose long hrs of easy mowing can add up quick. Now, is this guy works for the cemetery or he bought it from them. I have seen on 1700 that had 3800 hrs on it and still worked pretty well. guys here have them with up to 2500 hrs and no one complained about bad performance. couple of guys ended up overhauling the engine for different reasons but neglect could have been the culprit. any pics? and how much is he asking. condition of the rig can leave tell tale sign. I'd give it a good once over. Major parts can be expensive (internal engine) but the rest can be pretty easy to be had and it is extremely cheap to operate it.

    JC,
    Ford 1700, 2wd.
    Kubota MX-4700DT, Gear transmission with LA 884 loader, Q/A and HD bucket.
    60" Woods Rotary Cutter, home made (3-pt boom and a Row Hipper) ,King Kutter( 5 ft Tiller,Middle Buster,Single Row Cultivator,Carry-all, 5 ft blade, 6 ft Landscaping Rake ,30" Dirt Scoop and a 4'x4' Drag Harrow)

  5. #35
    New Member 1210man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Tractor
    1964 Ferguson 35 deluxe

    Default Re: ford 1700

    It has lift arms, however, I find myself sometimes needing a draw bar to pull things around. He said it came from a cementary and he does not work for one. He is asking two thousand dollars. From the pictures it looks almost new. No bent tin, turf tires are in excellent shape, all lights and guages work and he states it does not smoke. I'm looking at it due to the fact it would be a good sized tractor to put a snowblower on to get into some tight areas I have. The price just seems too good to be true and I'm waiting to hear from him concerning the pto (does it have a double clutch or not).

  6. #36
    Elite Member JC-jetro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,132
    Location
    Kansas
    Tractor
    Ford 1700, Kubota MX-4700

    Default Re: ford 1700

    Quote Originally Posted by 1210man View Post
    It has lift arms, however, I find myself sometimes needing a draw bar to pull things around. He said it came from a cementary and he does not work for one. He is asking two thousand dollars. From the pictures it looks almost new. No bent tin, turf tires are in excellent shape, all lights and guages work and he states it does not smoke. I'm looking at it due to the fact it would be a good sized tractor to put a snowblower on to get into some tight areas I have. The price just seems too good to be true and I'm waiting to hear from him concerning the pto (does it have a double clutch or not).
    You can buy a draw bar from TSC under $25 but you'll need a top link connection or something to keep the draw bar from rotating. Price is very good, for single clutch, it would be marvelous for double clutch jobby. Is your snow blower pto powered? a contraption like below and a hitch ball is all you need. I'd give a good once over to make sure everything is up and up before I buy it. It sound way too good.

    Jc,

    Ford 1700, 2wd.
    Kubota MX-4700DT, Gear transmission with LA 884 loader, Q/A and HD bucket.
    60" Woods Rotary Cutter, home made (3-pt boom and a Row Hipper) ,King Kutter( 5 ft Tiller,Middle Buster,Single Row Cultivator,Carry-all, 5 ft blade, 6 ft Landscaping Rake ,30" Dirt Scoop and a 4'x4' Drag Harrow)

  7. #37
    New Member DaHo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5
    Location
    Athens, Texas
    Tractor
    Ford 1700 4WD

    Default Re: ford 1700

    Have an early 80's model 1700 4WD. It has been a workhorse. I was looking to buy a 3 point wood splitter attachment but didn't see anywhere to hook up to the hydraulics on the tractor. Anyone know how this is done?

  8. #38
    Elite Member JC-jetro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,132
    Location
    Kansas
    Tractor
    Ford 1700, Kubota MX-4700

    Default Re: ford 1700

    Quote Originally Posted by DaHo View Post
    Have an early 80's model 1700 4WD. It has been a workhorse. I was looking to buy a 3 point wood splitter attachment but didn't see anywhere to hook up to the hydraulics on the tractor. Anyone know how this is done?
    Welcome to TBN Blue

    You'd need a hyd block as pictured to have a have a supply and a return path for your wood splitter.



    On the cheap, probably you'd be able to cut the discharge pipe close to the pressure relief device, and tee off for a compression type connection. For return you can tie it to a return port to the diffy directly as the pic below. I personally would not cut in the discharge pipe and would rather get a proper block.







    Notice the banjo fitting on the 3rd picture. I myself looked to see if I can get a longer banjo bolt and fitting to branch off right at the existing connection and have not been able to find it.

    JC,
    Ford 1700, 2wd.
    Kubota MX-4700DT, Gear transmission with LA 884 loader, Q/A and HD bucket.
    60" Woods Rotary Cutter, home made (3-pt boom and a Row Hipper) ,King Kutter( 5 ft Tiller,Middle Buster,Single Row Cultivator,Carry-all, 5 ft blade, 6 ft Landscaping Rake ,30" Dirt Scoop and a 4'x4' Drag Harrow)

  9. #39
    Bronze Member chumly2071's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    64
    Location
    Lexington, IL

    Default Re: ford 1700

    Quote Originally Posted by JC-jetro View Post
    Welcome to TBN Blue

    You'd need a hyd block as pictured to have a have a supply and a return path for your wood splitter.



    On the cheap, probably you'd be able to cut the discharge pipe close to the pressure relief device, and tee off for a compression type connection. For return you can tie it to a return port to the diffy directly as the pic below. I personally would not cut in the discharge pipe and would rather get a proper block.







    Notice the banjo fitting on the 3rd picture. I myself looked to see if I can get a longer banjo bolt and fitting to branch off right at the existing connection and have not been able to find it.

    JC,
    Wondering if using the longer banjo bolt would cause problems, since the pressure would follow path of least resistance. I think I'd run a power beyond joystick, with the power beyond port powering the 3 point circuit, and use the pipe threaded port shown as the dedicated return for the loader valve.

  10. #40
    Elite Member JC-jetro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,132
    Location
    Kansas
    Tractor
    Ford 1700, Kubota MX-4700

    Default Re: ford 1700

    Quote Originally Posted by chumly2071 View Post
    Wondering if using the longer banjo bolt would cause problems, since the pressure would follow path of least resistance. I think I'd run a power beyond joystick, with the power beyond port powering the 3 point circuit, and use the pipe threaded port shown as the dedicated return for the loader valve.
    True enough chumly on the path of least resistance. Flow at the banjo at the best is pretty turbulant so I don't think it is a major issue here. I have seen double banjo being used on different applications and seen catalog on them. Power beyond kit is a superior choice, mine was a budget option.

    JC,

    ps. Now below is the super economy remote right of the lift cover. it just take a 3/8" hyd hose for under $10 from TSC. it does have the added advantage of using main lift spool valve without buying another spool. Obviously both 3 point and the added implement will be operated by the same valve. if nothing is on the 3 point then that extra hose acts as dedicated power beyond. not a great set up but totally utilitarian.

    Ford 1700, 2wd.
    Kubota MX-4700DT, Gear transmission with LA 884 loader, Q/A and HD bucket.
    60" Woods Rotary Cutter, home made (3-pt boom and a Row Hipper) ,King Kutter( 5 ft Tiller,Middle Buster,Single Row Cultivator,Carry-all, 5 ft blade, 6 ft Landscaping Rake ,30" Dirt Scoop and a 4'x4' Drag Harrow)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.