Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 78
  1. #41
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    24
    Tractor
    ford 1700

    Default Re: ford 1700

    i bought a new 1700 ford over 30 years ago has been an awesom very dependable tractor.hard to find parts for it.23h.p. after30 yrs. of heavy use inow need a steering box assy. anybody know where to look

  2. #42
    Veteran Member whodat526's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,529
    Location
    deridder louisiana
    Tractor
    fords

    Default Re: ford 1700

    a salvage yard like gulfsouth equipment in baton rouge la. or western kentucky tractor parts in kentucky cant think of the city name

  3. #43
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2
    Location
    virginia
    Tractor
    Ford 1700

    Default Re: ford 1700

    Can Anyone tell me how to put my steering Box Back together. I Disassembled it to put New Bearings in it & now I can not get it back together. It seems to bind or Not go together. What am I Doing Wrong?
    Any Help would be Appreciated...
    Thanks

  4. #44
    Elite Member JC-jetro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,280
    Location
    Kansas
    Tractor
    Ford 1700, Kubota MX-4700

    Default Re: ford 1700

    Quote Originally Posted by eclecticeleanor View Post
    Can Anyone tell me how to put my steering Box Back together. I Disassembled it to put New Bearings in it & now I can not get it back together. It seems to bind or Not go together. What am I Doing Wrong?
    Any Help would be Appreciated...
    Thanks
    Have not done that particular repair. Did you put a witness mark on the final shaft connected to steering arm? look at the attachment below. I think your problem is with the part #2,sector shaft and the balls or initial location of part#3 shaft in reference to #2. Is it bound up in one direction or both?

    JC,
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ford 1700, 2wd.
    Kubota MX-4700DT, Gear transmission with LA 884 loader, Q/A and HD bucket.
    60" Woods Rotary Cutter, home made (3-pt boom and a Row Hipper) ,King Kutter( 5 ft Tiller,Middle Buster,Single Row Cultivator,Carry-all, 5 ft blade, 6 ft Landscaping Rake ,30" Dirt Scoop and a 4'x4' Drag Harrow)

  5. #45
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2
    Location
    virginia
    Tractor
    Ford 1700

    Default Re: ford 1700

    I Think it is too. I am going to mark it & try it w/o bearings, Until I get it right. I mashed 2 sets of bearings, trying to get it right. I Don't know if #2 should be centered on #3 or totally at the bottom of the shaft. It seems like Center should give me Both left & right turns w/o binding. Thanks for the help. I had that print out from the Newholland.com web page. Finding the bearings for cheap is my next problem. The dealer wants $60 Each for a
    1 7/16" OD dia Race bearing. Little junky Bearings.

  6. #46
    Elite Member JC-jetro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,280
    Location
    Kansas
    Tractor
    Ford 1700, Kubota MX-4700

    Default Re: ford 1700

    Quote Originally Posted by eclecticeleanor View Post
    I Think it is too. I am going to mark it & try it w/o bearings, Until I get it right. I mashed 2 sets of bearings, trying to get it right. I Don't know if #2 should be centered on #3 or totally at the bottom of the shaft. It seems like Center should give me Both left & right turns w/o binding. Thanks for the help. I had that print out from the Newholland.com web page. Finding the bearings for cheap is my next problem. The dealer wants $60 Each for a
    1 7/16" OD dia Race bearing. Little junky Bearings.
    If you can identify the bearing spec the outfit linked below might be able to get the same bearing pretty reasonable. If yo have a local distributor you can simple take the old bearing there and they'll match it up for you.

    JC,



    Industrial Supplies | Bearing Distributor | Material Handling | MRO | Safety | Training
    Ford 1700, 2wd.
    Kubota MX-4700DT, Gear transmission with LA 884 loader, Q/A and HD bucket.
    60" Woods Rotary Cutter, home made (3-pt boom and a Row Hipper) ,King Kutter( 5 ft Tiller,Middle Buster,Single Row Cultivator,Carry-all, 5 ft blade, 6 ft Landscaping Rake ,30" Dirt Scoop and a 4'x4' Drag Harrow)

  7. #47
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: ford 1700

    I just found a 1700 with a FEL for $4600. It also comes with a rake attachment. It has 1425 hours. Good deal or not? From the pics, the tires look good.

    This will be my first tractor so I have a lot to learn. I will use it for mowing about 2-3 acres and plowing a 1100' drive in the winter.

  8. #48
    Veteran Member Wolfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,058
    Location
    a small town
    Tractor
    Ford 1710 & 1600, Kubota G6200, Simplicty 2010, Allis Chalmers B110, Montgomery Wards Squire 9

    Default Re: ford 1700

    It is a good deal. A very good tractor.

  9. #49
    Elite Member JC-jetro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,280
    Location
    Kansas
    Tractor
    Ford 1700, Kubota MX-4700

    Default Re: ford 1700

    Quote Originally Posted by mcnizle View Post
    I just found a 1700 with a FEL for $4600. It also comes with a rake attachment. It has 1425 hours. Good deal or not? From the pics, the tires look good.

    This will be my first tractor so I have a lot to learn. I will use it for mowing about 2-3 acres and plowing a 1100' drive in the winter.
    It is a great deal with the fel. is it a well maintained tractor?any pics?

    JC,
    Ford 1700, 2wd.
    Kubota MX-4700DT, Gear transmission with LA 884 loader, Q/A and HD bucket.
    60" Woods Rotary Cutter, home made (3-pt boom and a Row Hipper) ,King Kutter( 5 ft Tiller,Middle Buster,Single Row Cultivator,Carry-all, 5 ft blade, 6 ft Landscaping Rake ,30" Dirt Scoop and a 4'x4' Drag Harrow)

  10. #50
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3
    Tractor
    Ford 1700

    Default Re: ford 1700

    Hello to everybody, i own a ford 1700 and a'm trying to find the cylinder head for it, if you have some information i'll be very gratefull

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2016 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.