Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Tractor
    ford 1700

Default Re: ford 1700

i bought a new 1700 ford over 30 years ago has been an awesom very dependable tractor.hard to find parts for it.23h.p. after30 yrs. of heavy use inow need a steering box assy. anybody know where to look

Tractor
    fords

a salvage yard like gulfsouth equipment in baton rouge la. or western kentucky tractor parts in kentucky cant think of the city name

Tractor
    Ford 1700

Can Anyone tell me how to put my steering Box Back together. I Disassembled it to put New Bearings in it & now I can not get it back together. It seems to bind or Not go together. What am I Doing Wrong?
    Any Help would be Appreciated...
    Thanks

Tractor
    Ford 1700, Kubota MX-4700

Quote Originally Posted by eclecticeleanor View Post
    Can Anyone tell me how to put my steering Box Back together. I Disassembled it to put New Bearings in it & now I can not get it back together. It seems to bind or Not go together. What am I Doing Wrong?
    Any Help would be Appreciated...
    Thanks
    Have not done that particular repair. Did you put a witness mark on the final shaft connected to steering arm? look at the attachment below. I think your problem is with the part #2,sector shaft and the balls or initial location of part#3 shaft in reference to #2. Is it bound up in one direction or both?

JC,
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ford 1700, 2wd.
    Kubota MX-4700DT, Gear transmission with LA 884 loader, Q/A and HD bucket.
    60" Woods Rotary Cutter, home made (3-pt boom and a Row Hipper) ,King Kutter( 5 ft Tiller,Middle Buster,Single Row Cultivator,Carry-all, 5 ft blade, 6 ft Landscaping Rake ,30" Dirt Scoop and a 4'x4' Drag Harrow)

Tractor
    Ford 1700

I Think it is too. I am going to mark it & try it w/o bearings, Until I get it right. I mashed 2 sets of bearings, trying to get it right. I Don't know if #2 should be centered on #3 or totally at the bottom of the shaft. It seems like Center should give me Both left & right turns w/o binding. Thanks for the help. I had that print out from the Newholland.com web page. Finding the bearings for cheap is my next problem. The dealer wants $60 Each for a
    1 7/16" OD dia Race bearing. Little junky Bearings.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by eclecticeleanor View Post
    I Think it is too. I am going to mark it & try it w/o bearings, Until I get it right. I mashed 2 sets of bearings, trying to get it right. I Don't know if #2 should be centered on #3 or totally at the bottom of the shaft. It seems like Center should give me Both left & right turns w/o binding. Thanks for the help. I had that print out from the Newholland.com web page. Finding the bearings for cheap is my next problem. The dealer wants $60 Each for a
    1 7/16" OD dia Race bearing. Little junky Bearings.
    If you can identify the bearing spec the outfit linked below might be able to get the same bearing pretty reasonable. If yo have a local distributor you can simple take the old bearing there and they'll match it up for you.

JC,

Industrial Supplies | Bearing Distributor | Material Handling | MRO | Safety | Training
    Ford 1700, 2wd.
    60" Woods Rotary Cutter, home made (3-pt boom and a Row Hipper) ,King Kutter( 5 ft Tiller,Middle Buster,Single Row Cultivator,Carry-all, 5 ft blade, 6 ft Landscaping Rake ,30" Dirt Scoop and a 4'x4' Drag Harrow)

I just found a 1700 with a FEL for $4600. It also comes with a rake attachment. It has 1425 hours. Good deal or not? From the pics, the tires look good.

This will be my first tractor so I have a lot to learn. I will use it for mowing about 2-3 acres and plowing a 1100' drive in the winter.

Tractor
    Ford 1710 & 1600, Kubota G6200, Simplicty 2010, Allis Chalmers B110, Montgomery Wards Squire 9

It is a good deal. A very good tractor.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by mcnizle View Post
    I just found a 1700 with a FEL for $4600. It also comes with a rake attachment. It has 1425 hours. Good deal or not? From the pics, the tires look good.

This will be my first tractor so I have a lot to learn. I will use it for mowing about 2-3 acres and plowing a 1100' drive in the winter.
    It is a great deal with the fel. is it a well maintained tractor?any pics?

JC,
    Ford 1700, 2wd.

Tractor
    Ford 1700

Hello to everybody, i own a ford 1700 and a'm trying to find the cylinder head for it, if you have some information i'll be very gratefull

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast