ford 1700

/ ford 1700 #1  

walton

Tractor
Ford 1700/kubota 2230
I have found a ford 1700 for sale and would like to know a something about the ford 1700 tractors before i began discussion with the owner. What was the horse power, was it a dependable tractor. Anyone have one that might share some pictures of what this type tractor looks like. Thanks

/ ford 1700 #2  
Ford-New Holland

Manufactured: 1992 - 1997

Cost: (US Dollars) $11,500 (1997)

Power:
Engine (HP): 27
PTO (HP): 23

Engine:
Manufacturer: Shibaura
Fuel: diesel
Cylinders: 3
Displacement (ci): 81.1
Compression:
Rated RPMs:
Torque (ft-lbs):
Firing order:
Oil capacity (qts):

Transmission:
Forward: 9
Reverse: 3

MFWD: optional

Capacity:
Fuel (Gal): 7.0

3-Point:
Category: I
Lift (lbs): 1,635

Power Take-off (PTO):
Type: transmission
Rear speed (RPM): 40

Hydraulics:
Type: open
Capacity (gal): 6.1
Total Flow (gpm):
Outlet Flow (gpm): 9.0
Outlets:

Tires:
Ag front: 5.50-16
Ag rear: 11.2-24

Dimensions:
Weight (pounds): 2,200
Wheelbase (inches): 63
Length (inches):
Width (inches):
Height (inches):
Ground clearance (inches):

Electrical:
Battery volts:
Ground:
Battery cold-cranking amps:
Alternator amps:

Serial Numbers:

1992 UK20001
1993 UK20307
1994 UK22179
1995 UK25017
1996 UK27586

This is what I found at tractordata.com hope it helps

/ ford 1700 #3  
The Ford 1715 is not exactly a 1700 model. First came the 1700, then the 1710 and later the 1715 which I believe was an economy model similar to today's TC30.

Here are some specs on the 1700 from tractordata:

Ford

Manufactured: 1979 - 1982

Cost: (US Dollars) $7,353 (1982)

Power:
Drawbar (HP): 19
PTO (HP): 23

Engine:
Manufacturer: Shibura
Fuel: diesel
Cylinders: 2
Displacement (ci): 77.6
Compression:
Rated RPMs:
Torque (ft-lbs):
Firing order:
Oil capacity (qts):

Transmission:
Forward: 12
Reverse: 4

MFWD: optional

Capacity:
Fuel (Gal):

3-Point:
Category: I
Lift (lbs):

Power Take-off (PTO):
Type:
Rear speed (RPM): 540

Tires:
Ag front: 5.00-15
Ag rear: 11.2-24

Serial Numbers:

1979 U700001
1980 U704803
1981 U709687
1982 U712953
1983 U715471

The 1700 was a good solid tractor, I ran my 1710 hard for many years with little trouble. I would be concerned about parts availability for a 1700 at this point. Many parts are available, but it is my understanding that not all are.

Andy

/ ford 1700 #5  
I have a 1700, have had it for two years. Nice tractor. I mow about six acres with it, using a Woods five-foot mower. Level land.

Parts can be a task to find. Some things can be found on ebay- like light bulbs. Be preapred to be a tinkerer sometimes with it. I had some electrical problems and had to rewire some circuits. I used I&T shop manual for reference.

Read the manual very well before operating. I found out the hard way that you never let it run dry of fuel. If you do, you have to bleed the system all the way up to the injectors to get it going again. Also, you have to add oil to the fuel injector pump each season- if you fail to properly lube everything that need lubed, you'll end up with costly lessons.

A 1700 is a great small tractor. Just love it, become intimate with it, and it will love you in return.

/ ford 1700 #6  
James48843 said:
I have a 1700, have had it for two years. Nice tractor. I mow about six acres with it, using a Woods five-foot mower. Level land.

A 1700 is a great small tractor. Just love it, become intimate with it, and it will love you in return.

I'm a city slicker part time farmer wannabe and just recently bought my very first tractor, a Ford 1700, with good mechanical conditions and only 900 hrs. I changed crank case oil, lubed it good and by the way changed the oil in the injector pump. the oil in the pump was a bit lower than level hole.The tractor was always barned and has hardly any rust. Changed a flasher light and head light lens that was busted. Starts right up with 20 seconds of glow plug, burns no oil. Hydraulic and PTO works okay. I paid $3100 for it. is that a good price?

Thanks

/ ford 1700 #7  
I have owned a 1700 ever since I bought it brand new in 1979. I have never regretted my decision to buy it, and have never had a problem finding parts. What few times I have needed a part, the local Ford tractor dealer usually has in stock. In nearly 30 years, the only thing I have had to do other than routine maint. is put a water pump on it, have the alternator rebuilt, replaced the starter solenoid, and replaced one of the front wheels. All in all, it is one tough little tractor, and has more power than you would think for a tractor of it's size.

/ ford 1700 #8  
DBelton said:
I have owned a 1700 ever since I bought it brand new in 1979. I have never regretted my decision to buy it, and have never had a problem finding parts. What few times I have needed a part, the local Ford tractor dealer usually has in stock. In nearly 30 years, the only thing I have had to do other than routine maint. is put a water pump on it, have the alternator rebuilt, replaced the starter solenoid, and replaced one of the front wheels. All in all, it is one tough little tractor, and has more power than you would think for a tractor of it's size.

Thank DBelton, I have researched the subject matter but did not have field experience with a Tractor. I'm a hands on mechanical Engineer and have understanding of engines and their components, but that's only half of the picture. I am glad my choice turned out okay. I actually learned a lot just listening in the cyber conversation here. nice place to soak up some quality information . What I need to do is next to take my pitch fork, buy me an overall and convince my wife to stand next to me and the tractor while one of my boys taking a few pics.LOL. Convincing my wife will be a tall order, as she thinks I'm nuts reading about the stuff excessively. :D

/ ford 1700 #9  
JC-jetro said:
Convincing my wife will be a tall order, as she thinks I'm nuts reading about the stuff excessively. :D

My wife feels the same about my TBN "illness". :D
Bob

/ ford 1700 #10  
There is a gender predisposition for tractorphilia as there is for tractorphobia :) Jay