TC25D or TC29D

/ TC25D or TC29D #1  

kiphorn

Silver Member
Tractor
TC 24D
I'm sure this has been discussed before but I didn't locate anything with a quick search of the NH Buying Board.

Except for 4 extra gross horse power and 3.3 extra PTO horse power the TC 25D and the TC29D appear to spec out about the same. Weights, pumps, lift capacity, etc. From what I understand they're even on the same frame.

I think I've narrowed my search for my first tractor down to New Holland and the TC25D. I don't have a price on the TC29D but I was wondering what aspects of this tractor would make it better choice over the TC25D.

Thanks for the help.

Kip

/ TC25D or TC29D #2  
It's been awhile since I did my shopping, but I looked at both. You are right, they are the same tractor. I think the way it was put to me is that the 29 is a reved up 25.
At that time, the price difference was not that great, it was a much larger jump up to the TC33D. I figured the 25 would do OK for me, but for a little more why not get the extra HP. Also the dealer told me he was selling more 29's than 25's. I thought that might mean more demand for the 29 at trade in time. So I decided on the 29.
Which ever one you decide on be sure to take a look at the deluxe 3 point. As one who has done alot of rassling hooking up implements to 9ns and 8ns, I can tell you it is very nice to have/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Ernie

/ TC25D or TC29D #3  
My cousin decided to buy a TC25D, but the dealer didn't have one in stock and sold him the TC29D instead; probably the best thing anyway./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

BirdSig.jpg

/ TC25D or TC29D #4  
Take a look at the 25D. It is speced at 2600 rpm @ 25hp. It runs to 2840rpm. The 29D makes 29hp @ 2800rpm with the same engine. So the 25D can really make 29+hp @ 2840rpm. The 29D makes something like 31HP @ 3040rpm, its max speed.

Basically they are the same tractor other than rpm limit. That is why NH is discontinuing the 25 series and bringing in a 24D on the 21D frame.

/ TC25D or TC29D #6  
My local dealer said that NH will bring the 24D in 2002. Has anyone else heard anything about this? He mentioned that the 25D would stop production at the end of the year.