MMM's

/ MMM's #11  
Re: MMM\'s

When I bought my most recent addition I did go kick tires on all the dealerships including NH. I do like those but in the end stayed with Kubota just cuz. I am with you--I want the MMM. On both my tractors it snaps on and off with ease and it seems to work great on the newest one and does not hang up or interefere with the FEL. That is something to look into for sure. I ususally remove the MMM if doing serious dirt work and I usually remove the FEL when doing my mowing. The FEL adds about 500 give or take pounds to the tractor which compacts my lawn and reduces manuverability. I cannot speak for the NH tractors but the Kubota loader is a piece of cake to remove and reinstall and I imagine that NH has a similar setup? Think about it--mowing all the time with that FEL on--no thanks--even with my little BX (which I still have) I knocked over my fence, killed a couple of trees and essentially wrecked havoc with it while trying to mow in close to houses, car, trees, fence etc. NOPE--do yourself a favor and make sure the MMM can be removed with reasonable ease--same for the FEL and that they can in fact be used together.
This is not a blue/orange/green thing--I have learned that tractors are a series of compromises, pick the brand and the model that has the features you like and work best with how you like to do things.
I may get a rear finish mower but the MMM zooms around trees and beds in a fashion that the rear jobs cannot do. You are looking at bigger tractors than the two I own so I think your dealer may be correct--as the tractors get larger a rear mower begins to make more sense cuz they are not going to be able to get in real close on anything anyway.
Goodluck--don't get in a hurry--shop till you are satisfied.
Sometimes the best deal is not the cheapest deal.
J

/ MMM's #12  

Hi Everyone, I did some research as far as asking questions, and from the 4 dealers in Pa, that I've talked to none of them tried to steer me away from that setup. I've got alot of concerns with these issues. I was told by all that the MMM would be easily removed in 5-10 mins. Also the FEL would not be a problem to remove with about another 5-10 mins of time. I've got no problem with the extra time to either detach the loader or mower. In my case the loader can not be on the tractor when mowing. One last thing none of the dealers that I've talked to are involved with any other dealerships. So take these comments in that context. Good Luck!!!

/ MMM's

Steelfan:

Nothing like sleuth-level research like yours to shake the truth out of the trees. Thanks for sharing your findings.

Jim

/ MMM's #14  

You're very welcome, Jim. Just trying to help. Thanks for all your answers to my questions earlier.
Kent