Purchased a 1720

/ Purchased a 1720 #1  

Turbys_1700

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland t4.75
Well...I guess I need to change my user name now...Just traded my old Yanmar YM 1700 for a New Holland 1720...One owner trade in with only 245 hours...Cherry...I took some pics and will try to attach...Also got a Woods box blade in the deal...Gonna use her to finish mow with my 5 foot Land Pride until I can upgrade to a 6 footer...Will add FEL later...Gotta send the son to college...You older guys know what I'm talking about...Unit has rear remotes and is clean as a pin...Previous owner kept her waxed and shedded...Just got lucky...In the right place at the right time...Well...perhaps the wrong place at the wrong time...LOL

/ Purchased a 1720 #2  
I believe you'll be real happy with that - much more nimble than some of the iron lurking behind that blade! NH did many many things right in that line.
Jim

/ Purchased a 1720
Thanks for the kind words. I'm trying to get used to the machine. It's quite a bit larger physically than my little Yanmar was. Very comfortable mowing and much more capable machine than my old tractor. Hope to upgrade to a 6' mower and loader in the future. Those darn loaders are quite expensive but very handy.

/ Purchased a 1720 #4  
Was driving by a local RV dealer and he had his old Ford 1720 for sale. Just curious how much you paid for the tractor. This one was older but still in excellent shape. Had 2,500 hours on it and he was asking $7,900. I thought that was a little high! Said he would take 7500. Still think that's high for that tractor. Anyways that's a nice looking ride!!:)

/ Purchased a 1720
I gave 7K to boot. I felt that the Yanmar was worth 2K. I would not have taken a dime less than that but the dealer let her go for 1500. The box blade is like new but I don't know a true value for it. Probably 300 to 400. The RV dealer is not off much. I know it seems high but those units are hard to find. He might take 7K. Around here that unit would bring 7500 and it wouldn't last too long. Lot of demand for that size and model tractor.

/ Purchased a 1720 #6  
Thanks for the insight, maybe I'll go take another look !

/ Purchased a 1720 #7  
wnymudd said:
Was driving by a local RV dealer and he had his old Ford 1720 for sale. Just curious how much you paid for the tractor. This one was older but still in excellent shape. Had 2,500 hours on it and he was asking $7,900. I thought that was a little high! Said he would take 7500. Still think that's high for that tractor. Anyways that's a nice looking ride!!:)

WWYMUDD,

Is that the dealer where the sign is "upsidedown"?:D Saw the ad in our local paper a while back!

Turbys_1700,

That's a good looking machine you bought!!!
MIKE

/ Purchased a 1720 #8  
You'll love it. Purchased mine new and even now would not trade it for a new Boomer. It's a real good tractor and has never let me down.
Enjoy it.
Take care

/ Purchased a 1720 #9  
Turbys_1700 said:
Well...I guess I need to change my user name now...Just traded my old Yanmar YM 1700 for a New Holland 1720...

Nice machine. What kind of transmission?
Bob

/ Purchased a 1720 #10  
Iowachild,
Yes it's the one with the sign upside-down. Guess it works to get our attention huh?:) Don't know if it's still for sale as I haven't been by in a couple of weeks.