What'cha think?

/ What'cha think? #1  

HOUNDSTOOTH

Silver Member
Tractor
2007 NH TC45DA
I got a quote on a new TC40, cab model. $22,000
4wd, hst, r4 tires

Dealer said he would be getting one in, in September. Price sounds good to me. What do you think?

/ What'cha think? #2  
HOUNDSTOOTH said:
4wd, hst, r4 tires

Dealer said he would be getting one in, in September. Price sounds good to me. What do you think?

FEL? Bucket?
Bob

/ What'cha think? #3  
HOUNDSTOOTH said:
4wd, hst, r4 tires

That sounds good to me. That puts the cab option at about $2500 as a guesstimate.:cool:

/ What'cha think?
It don't include FEL. It does include heat and a/c. I don't have any need for a FEL. I have 11 flat acres to keep mowed. The a/c cab is what I really need. haha IT'S HOT!!

/ What'cha think? #6  
You know your needs, but I'd bet you would find use for a loader if you had one. No one I know of that has owned one would want to be without. The things are kind of like pick-ups in that.

What kind of mowing are you talking about, lawn, brush, pasture? Bush hog, RFM, MMM?

/ What'cha think?
Mostly finish mowing. I have a 6' rhino finishing mower and a 5' rotary mower. There are 22 pecan trees and a few oaks on my land. There is a small 7 acre field just down the road, that I cut with the rotary mower. Nothing to thick. Dealer gave me a "ballpark" price on the FEL...$5,500. I've decided to go ahead with the TC45 with the cab. Should be here around the end of September - 1st of October. Total price..$23,600. If I went with the loader...$29,100. That's just to steep for me. I can always get one later if the need arises.
I see where alot of y'all have the FEL. And I'm not saying that they aren't handy. I just can't find a use for it on my property.

Last edited:
   / What'cha think? #8  
HOUNDSTOOTH said:
I see where alot of y'all have the FEL. And I'm not saying that they aren't handy. I just can't find a use for it on my property.

I would be lost without my FEL!
Bob

/ What'cha think? #9  
I agree with most above. Unless all you plan on doing is pulling wagons, I can't imagine a tractor with out a loader.
I do have one "antique show tractor" without a loader, but anyone that works gets a loader.
Even mowing I use the loader to "probe" for what I might hit first. Of course if finish mowing is all you're going to do I suppose no loader is ok. Just remember a loader makes a great wheel barrow.

Andy

/ What'cha think?
No doubt it would be nice to have. However, I have a 96' 1720 that I bought new. It's been almost 11 years now and there has only been a few times a FEL would've been handy. I have a Polaris Ranger that I drive around and pick up limbs and such before I mow. Take a look....not much goin' on here. haha

Attachments

• DSC01744.JPG
    DSC01744.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC01743.JPG
    DSC01743.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 145