Ordered new TC 55 D today

/ Ordered new TC 55 D today
I just found your post today.

Yes, I looked at several different mounts and came up with a cross breed of my own design. I will try to dig up some pictures. It is constructed of 1/2" plate and 2 x 4 x 3/16 extensions to the front of the frame.
I didn't paint anything ( only primer ) because I wanted to test it out to see if there were any weak points to revisit. I'm happy to say it works beautiful and the 55DA provides enough flow at 1500 to operate the hydraulics. This spring in between seven other projects I will take the hoe off and give it some NH blue.
One thing I did try was lifting the rear axle up while digging and moving the machine forward without leaving the backhoe seat. It is solid as a rock. The 611 is overkill but works so well.Total cost of the mount in iron and bending the mounts was less than $250. with new steel.

Attachments

• TC 55 Back Hoe # 3.JPG
    TC 55 Back Hoe # 3.JPG
    176.1 KB · Views: 340
  • TC 55 Back Hoe  # 2.JPG
    TC 55 Back Hoe # 2.JPG
    323 KB · Views: 374
  • TC 55 Back Hoe.JPG
    TC 55 Back Hoe.JPG
    214.2 KB · Views: 352
   / Ordered new TC 55 D today #12  
I to have a NH TC55DA 4wd tractor and would be interested in how you mounted that backhoe.

Can you send any drawings or a sketch?

What does the BRADCO 611 go for?? I searched it and $11K is too much for me.

With a welder, machine shop and steel can about any back hoe be modified to fit a tractor??

Whats the main thing to look at when picking a backhoe besides hp rating for both the tractor and back hoe being close?

thanks great site

Last edited:
   / Ordered new TC 55 D today #13  
One more thing

Who makes New Hollands engines now especially on the TC55DA?

thanks again

great site

/ Ordered new TC 55 D today #14  
Boomers are powered by Shibaura diesels manufactured by Japan's ISM.

/ Ordered new TC 55 D today #16  
No idea, can only speculate. You might ask a dealer.

There is no magic involved. I looked at a few different mounts and basically made mine to fit this individual tractor. I coupled the base as close as I could get away with and mounted to the existing points on the rear axle housing. I didn't have room for the three point arms to remain in place so they are removed. The extra weight works out real well with the loader applications. I don't have wheel weights or fluid. ( yet )

/ Ordered new TC 55 D today #18  
Thanks for the pictures Joe! Do you have any shots from the rear, where the mounts come off the axle? Fabrication looks first rate, excellent installation. The Bradco looks to be well suited for the TC55. I'm sure you have to be careful, due to the 611 being a powerful hoe.:)

I didn't get any good pictures from the rear mount because I had the machine backed into a corner. At this point I had the mounts figured out. Just a matter of attaching and making sure everything fit properly. I ran across some stainless steel 3/4 " bolts at the steel place which worked very well. I should have some better pictures in spring when I remove it for paint. ( project # 9 )
I would like to buy or build a 24" bucket. I know the machine can handle one and it would remove material much faster than the 16" I have. I already bent the 16" tooth plate .... so your right IH3444, it has alot of torque !

/ Ordered new TC 55 D today #20  
To me the 611 looks to be the right size for the tractor . Good job on the sub-frame it looks strong enough . I would like to see the mount for the backhoe . We have a 509 and the said they sell a plate and sub-frame to attach it to my TC55 for around $1100.00 it seemed to high to worry with . I dont really need to use it on the 55 since we have other machines . But it would be handy to have more options since our work is scattered around .