TC21D

/ TC21D #1  

Anonymous Poster

Does anyone have any recent pricing on the tc21 or tc21d.
I'm trying to decided on the kubota B7500 or the Tc21d. My local dealer told me the NH will be approx. 800.00 more than the Kubota. He sells both. The NH certainly looks beefier. He gave me a price of 12,500 for the kubota b7500 (no attachments) I have found much cheaper prices on the net.

/ TC21D #2  
Well, the price on the Kubota seems high, and adding $800 to that puts you at $13,300 for the 21D (comparing the 21 to the 21D or the 7500 is inapppropriate, since the 21 does not have the hydro transmission and deluxe features of the 21D.) I just bought a 25D for 13,500 (that's just the tractor - the implements and accessories brought it to $18,100.) There is a far bigger difference between a 21D and 25D than $200 accounts for - you may want to shop around a little to be sure you're getting the best deal possible. A lesson that is taught repeatedly by the members of this board is the importance of access to an honest, reliable, and competent dealer. A little higher price is often justified if you get this kind of access in the bargain.

All that said, last I checked, Steve Carver had some whopping deals on 7500's, and he has proven himself to a lot of oranges to be an excellent dealer - even from a distance, if that would be the case for you. Either tractor would be a sweetie.

Merry Christmas,

Jim

/ TC21D
You are correct i would not be interested in the tc21 . I have checked out steve carver he has some outstanding prices and would probably buy from him if i decide on the b7500. I'm curious as to why most people on these message boards are buying the kubota b7500 over tc21d . I know price is a factor but from what i've been told by a local dealer that sells both. The differance is less than 700.00 dollars. I have looked at both and the kubota has a cast aluminum rear end and the three point doesn't look to be as beefy. From the quick glance that i did on the tc21d it looked to be solid cast iron from front to rear. I also noticed kubota put the steering tie rods in front of the front axle as NH puts them in behind. Not as easy to be bent if you hit something. This is my first major purchase and i want to make the right choice. I also noticed in the spec sheet that the tc21d weights 200+ more # than the b7500. Unless the dealer is feeding me some crap and the tc21d is much more $$$$ The tc21d looks to be the better tractor. Thoughts comments.

/ TC21D #4  
I stand by the contention held by most on these boards that compacts made by all three major manufacturers are fine tractors. It sounds as if you have decided that there are elements of the 21D that make you like it better than the 7500. I suggest that you ask for a test drive of each, and get a price on each from dealers you would like to call "your own."

Steve Carver provides wonderful reality check prices, and if you decide to make him your dealer, I'd say that based on the comments of others on the board you'd be happy with him. Then Call Randolph Kinsey at Theros Equipment in Fredericksburg, VA and ask him for a price on the 21D, configured the way you want it. His should a good reality check on the NH side. Again, $13,200 seems awfully high for a 21D - especially when a 25D goes for $13,500. I think the quote you get from Randolph will be an eye-opener. You can arrange to purchase from him, or use his quote to help your local dealer understand your options.

/ TC21D #5  
I've been pricing all the tractors, that you mentioned. The price I got on the Kubota 7500 with a 60"MMM was $12,500, while the price of the TC21D with a 60"MMM was $13,250. The dealer was close on the $800 figure. I was a bit partial to the New Holland due to weight, and also I liked the design a little better. The difference in weight was close to 200 lbs. The New Holland was heavier. The decision isn't easy for me either. I'm also weighting the TC25d as an option. The best of luck to you!!!!

/ TC21D #6  
I paid 15,500 for My TC21D with 60" Mid mount mower 50" FEL, 48" 3 pnt brush cutter and all the filters and fluids for the first service that i did my self. Turf tires also. Its an awsom machine too
Larry

/ TC21D
Larry, Did you look at other manufactures before purchasing the TC21D. ?
Thanks for everyones comments.
Jim thanks for your help i will contact Randolph Kinsey in the near furture.

/ TC21D #9  
I worked with the F/burg dealer for a price on a the New Holland TC21 hydro with 60"mmm, fel, 5 foot rear blade and grass catching unit. Best price I got was 1500 more than the Kubota b7500 with same implements. I paid 15,400 for the kubota. I am really pleased with the hydro and 4wd of the kubota, as I have hilly terrain. I liked the look of the TC21 better, but the kubota was also great and for 1500 bucks less, I was sold on the kubota.

nhman

/ TC21D #10  
I bought a TC 21D last February. I paid $14,900, which included FEL w/60"HD bucket folding ROPS, R-4 tires, block heater, rear work lite, loaded rear tires (calcium) and all filters needed for 50 hour service. I was torn between the 21 and the Kub 7500. I just liked the NH better. Good luck and try them all out.