Ford 1720

/ Ford 1720 #1  

RobertBrown

Elite Member
Tractor
Bolens G192/TS1910 Ford/New Holland 1920
I am considering the pruchase of a 1720 2wd. This particular tractor is in near perfect condition with 428 hrs. It is sold with a woods 48" bush hog. The askinbg price is 6,900.00$. I have driven the tractor and cannot find anything wrong with it. I did notice that the fuel lines had been had been loosened, some paint was missing from the nuts at the injectors and the pump manifold. I figured somebody ran it out of fuel andd it had to be primed.
Is there anything it particular I need to be aware of ,and does this price sound reasonable? Seems like a great deal to me.
Thanks for any input
Robert

/ Ford 1720 #2  
That price sounds a little high for a 2WD unit. 6 months ago a friend sold his 1720 4WD with FEL and a snow plow that had 450 hours on it for $6,000.00.

This tractor was in good shape and very well taken care of.

The 1720 is a very good tractor and should treat you right.

Randy

/ Ford 1720 #3  
The price is good to me. I just sold my 1720 w/ 980 hrs for $6,500. And that don't include any attachments. I checked local classifieds and dealers to see what it was worth. They all were around $7,000. I have ordered a tc45da and the dealer was going to give me $6,000 for a trade-in. The paint was a little faded but there wasn't a dent or scratch anywhere.

/ Ford 1720 #4  
RobertBrown said:
I am considering the pruchase of a 1720 2wd. This particular tractor is in near perfect condition with 428 hrs. It is sold with a woods 48" bush hog. The askinbg price is 6,900.00$. I have driven the tractor and cannot find anything wrong with it. I did notice that the fuel lines had been had been loosened, some paint was missing from the nuts at the injectors and the pump manifold. I figured somebody ran it out of fuel andd it had to be primed.
Is there anything it particular I need to be aware of ,and does this price sound reasonable? Seems like a great deal to me.
Thanks for any input
Robert

Not out of line here in NC...Low hours and a clean unit...Offer $6500...He probably won't budge...Somebody will pay it...They are good units...I purchased mine in July with 245 hours on it...Paid market value...It would have been gone the next day...Was traded in the day before...People just don't let them go...

/ Ford 1720 #5  
I've got a 1700 that I'll rebuild the engine on this winter. I've had it for eight years and it's been very reliable (and probably overworked) until the oil pump failed. It had 600 hours on it when I got it and I picked it up for $5,000 which included a box blade, a scoop, and a beat-up belly mower that I threw away. It's a good little tractor that can get into places that my bigger tractors can't.

There are only two things that are a pain on that tractor...(1) Changing the hydraulic filter located in the rear-end and (2) dealing with the local NH dealer to get parts for it. Most of the time I have to make numerous trips to get the right parts, but that's the dealers fault, not the tractors.

When it runs out of fuel you just have to bleed the air out of the line and pump. It's not a big deal.

/ Ford 1720
thanks Mike
Unfortunetly I was a day late and someone else bought the tractor saturday.
I should have bought it friday but I was going hunting and had my prioritys scewed up. I was very disapointed to hear that it was sold.

/ Ford 1720 #7  
Sorry to hear you missed it. Good luck in your search!