Looking for a price check on used TC29D w/ FEL

/ Looking for a price check on used TC29D w/ FEL #1  

FoxClover

Tractor
TC29D
I am looking at a TC29D with FEL (model 7308). Hydro transmission. about 500 hours. It looks in good shape and drives well. asking price is $12,000. Seems like a fair price, but I am completly new to tractors larger than a lawn tractor. Any suggestions on pricing and/or what problems to look for would be appreciated.

/ Looking for a price check on used TC29D w/ FEL #2  
FoxClover said:
I am looking at a TC29D with FEL (model 7308). Hydro transmission. about 500 hours. It looks in good shape and drives well. asking price is $12,000. Seems like a fair price, but I am completly new to tractors larger than a lawn tractor. Any suggestions on pricing and/or what problems to look for would be appreciated.

I picked mine 2001 TC33 with 220 hrs on it with rihno FEL and MMM for 14500...but also added $800 in dual rear remotes at the same time.... ie my financed amount is 15300.

when reserching mine the mower deck was a 3K option so based on the hrs that doesnt sound like a horable deal (as i spent quite a bit of time looking for mine)

check the battery location for how bad the rust is, check the FEL for abuse..

/ Looking for a price check on used TC29D w/ FEL #3  
FoxCover:

I think $12K is a pretty good price for a TC29D with FEL and low hours. I have a TC29DA and I am very pleased with its performance. I agree with the "29" review in the review forum in TBN. Problems I have seen in the various threads include: battery, ground cable connections, difficulty putting it in gear or engaging the PTO which requires manual throttle/RPM, pedal, and/or clutch "tweeking", linkage lubrication, and starting which requires that the tractor be in neutral, the PTO disengaged, and the parking brake engaged. There have been a few complaints with fuses and wiring. All these issues were felt to be minor. I have had no problems with this tractor except some minor annoyances engaging the PTO and/or putting it in gear (I had the same annoyances with my geared tractor as well.) on ocassion. I have not seen nor remember any serious complaints. I really like this tractor. It has been a major upgrade from my last geared Ford 1100.

By the way welcome to TBN :D! There is a wealth of opinions from the membership based real life "experiences". All of us are more than willing to help you spend your hard earned money as well as provide you with the necessary "justifications" to help you convince the "COMPTROLLER" as to the need for your next attachment acquisition :cool:. Jay