Buying Advice Need Advice for tractor to support 20 acres

/ Need Advice for tractor to support 20 acres #61  
Step up to sheep and the foxes won't be a problem. The sheep will mean you get to move hay around, haul manure, and lots of other tractor needing things. :)

Congratulations on the move. Keep us posted.

/ Need Advice for tractor to support 20 acres
Thx! haven't moved yet... just have 2 mtges! I think i'll need a grappler and a pallet fork for my 16 la w/ QA... any recommendations on those two items? the pallets will be used for carrying material like skids of paver block and fertalizer etc... the grapple will be used to clear out the brush in the woods (again, 8 acres) as well as the fallen trees (up to 14" diameter i'd guess)...
ALSO, if i leave the deer and fox alone, how can i 'cheaply' keep the deer away from pine/fir trees? border collie????? thx ;) -Tim

/ Need Advice for tractor to support 20 acres #63  
I have a 48" grapple on order from Millonzi (Welcome to the future homepage of, 800-995-6552). Mention TBN for a discount. You'll also need a '3rd function' or diverter hydraulic kit for your loader. I got mine from WRLong via my local Kubota dealer. Good luck!

-Brian

/ Need Advice for tractor to support 20 acres #64  
I have an "Add-a-Grapple" on my 60" bucket. I've been clearing a lot of tops, old downed trees, etc. It's very handy, cost about $500. I use it with a small homemade toothbar kind of thing and it's great at moving logs and such, too. It also makes it possible to pick up HUGE mounds of manure and used bedding material -- about double a normal bucketful. It works well on multiflora rose clumps if the soil isn't all dried out, too. Just squash, grab, and lift.

What are the deer doing to your trees -- eating them or mauling them when they rub their antlers? Only problem I've had like that is with Hemlocks about 5 or 6 feet tall being rubbed. I've never had them eaten. They shouldn't be munching on pine or fir unless your area is really low on higher quality browse.

I don't think the fox will hurt your trees. :) Grays will climb some, but reds don't even do that.

/ Need Advice for tractor to support 20 acres #65  
Got the grapple for my TC45 from unlimited fab ....@rootgrapple.com --they have pallet forks too.... am very happy with my grapple.

/ Need Advice for tractor to support 20 acres
Thanks Mike, they look very nice and the prices seem very good, $500 for the forks? nice! ;)

/ Need Advice for tractor to support 20 acres #67  
Skerby said:
Tim the toolman's fine ;) Never wrenched on a diesel before though! Im told I have a fox den in my woods... Should i dig it up to chase 'em elsewhere? I wanted guinea hens not fox food when i finally relocate...

Now, now, don't be moving into a new country home and then running off all the wildlife you moved to the country to be near!!! :rolleyes: