Ford 2600

/ Ford 2600 #1  

ACR

A dealer by me has a Ford 2600 gas w/FEL on consignment. I have yet to get there during their normal business hours so we haven't talked price as of yet. Also I didn't want to snoop around during off hours. If all goes well hear at work I think I can get there for Friday.

Just wondering what something like this has been selling for? Sorry but when I called he didn't know how many hours are on it. He did mention it was a local farmer who has no use for it anymore.

Also, is there anything particular I should look for? Someone mentioned the front ends of the 2600 don't handle a FEL the greatest. I'm sure I should look to see how tight it is.

Any input would be appriciated!

/ Ford 2600 #2  
Takes some pics and post them.
Bob

/ Ford 2600 #3  
The 2600 is basically an upgraded version of the 2000. Tough old tractors, but fuel consumption the gas models was a bit high. These tractors were manufactured from 1976 to 1981. The gas model was 34 PTO HP. The front axles were a bit light, but not terribly so. Pricing should be in the $4000 to $6000 range if it's in good shape. Low figure is based on the 1976 year, high is on the 1981 year, add another $2000 or so for the laoader.

/ Ford 2600
Thanks for the advice and pricing dgl24087. I ended up buying it last weekend. It's got a little rust here and there but not in bad shape for its age. Included was a new front tire on a rim, used rear loaded on rim, a set of chains and manuals. A doctor owned it, he purchased it new and said the hours on it are real, 2800. Ended up getting it for $4000, thought that was ballpark.

I just wanted to add that I really appriciate the help everyone hear offers. I know a little about farm equipment but when I have a question I always come here to see if there has been a discussion about it. Great opinions from many different angles. Thanks!

ford2600.jpg

/ Ford 2600 #5  
Nice looking machine.. should give you years of service with proper maintenance.

Soundguy