Trade TC55 2wd for TN 55 4wd, deal or no deal

/ Trade TC55 2wd for TN 55 4wd, deal or no deal #1  

ergoman

Have a 2005 tc55 2wd (12 speed) with 150hrs on it, can trade it for a 2004 4wd (8 speed) with 400 hrs on it for additional $4000, he's giving me 18k for mine, mine has a NH loader and 6' qa bucket, the 4wd has a bush hog 528? loader and 6' bucket. His is the dealership loaner tractor, has 70% tread. There were some problems with the tractor;
-4wd is activated with a T handle to the left of the seat, didnt lock in, he said its a linkage adjustment and will be taken care of
-One of the loader frame bolts is broken where it attaches to the tractor frame, he will fix.
- some fender paint has flaked off, he said NH will pay my paint shop to fix.
-Some small hydralic leaks at the manifold under the right step, he will fix.
-Rear differential pedal didnt seem to be moving, he said he thought it was fine but would check it out.
-He will change all fluids and go through it.
No warranty with his, 3 years on mine, (with 0% vs 6% interest with his)

Thinks this is a deal? Need to change to 4wd with the plowing and low ground work I've been doing.
thanks

/ Trade TC55 2wd for TN 55 4wd, deal or no deal
Any help is appreciated, need to talk with this guy Friday.
thanks
Ergo

/ Trade TC55 2wd for TN 55 4wd, deal or no deal #3  
I would try to work the $4k difference down to $2k. Have you thought about getting a TC55 4wd, and if so, how much difference? You could have your loader transferred to the new tractor.

/ Trade TC55 2wd for TN 55 4wd, deal or no deal #4  
I'd agree that the TC55 4WD might be a little better deal. Too bad you couldn't keep the 0%, and transfer the loader as was suggested. The lack of a warranty would make me a little nervous, and I think that loaner tractors might be like rental cars: unless you enjoy working on them, don't buy them :)

/ Trade TC55 2wd for TN 55 4wd, deal or no deal #5  
ergoman said:
. His is the dealership loaner tractor, has 70% tread. There were some problems with the tractor;

My mind says no, my heart says yes, since I have a TN.

Tell him to warranty it for 12 months, that will "test" his confidence in his sale.
Bob

/ Trade TC55 2wd for TN 55 4wd, deal or no deal
I've decided against it, I think the dealers usually get thier "loaner" tractors when they have to take a tractor back for various reasons. Also noticed this tractor jsut didnt have the pick up my current 55 has in road gear, prob. because of the live front axle sucking some hp.
thanks