New Holland web site rebuild.

/ New Holland web site rebuild. #2  
I guess it has been over a year since I have been to their web page even though I have a New Holland. You would think one would check out the new equipment/products ever so often but I like mine just the way it is and no plans of upgrading at this time. Maybe in 5 years I would like to trade mine in for two, one smaller one for mowing and one a bit larger for snow plowing and doing my lake work.

murph

/ New Holland web site rebuild. #3  
The New Holland web site was actually updated a few months ago. Thanks for the survey link. :)

/ New Holland web site rebuild. #4  
I just completed their survey. I told them the site was ok but should have online owners, service and parts manuals.

Andy

/ New Holland web site rebuild. #5  
AndyMA said:
I just completed their survey. I told them the site was ok but should have online owners, service and parts manuals.

Andy
Good idea, I'm going there right now to do the same. I've griped about this before here.

/ New Holland web site rebuild. #6  
I did the survey because I like the product. I told them I think the site is awful. Crappy layout. No price and build. Lousy pics. Lousy attachment and implement info and pics. Hard to navigate. Just not very well put together IMHO.

Tom K

/ New Holland web site rebuild. #7  
I did the survey because I like the product. I told them I think the site is awful. Crappy layout. No price and build. Lousy pics. Lousy attachment and implement info and pics. Hard to navigate. Just not very well put together IMHO.

I would have to concur that the New Holland page has room for improvement.
I like the home page and contents area to be simple and uncluttered to allow me to easily find the area where I need to go. I think much of the text is too small too.

/ New Holland web site rebuild. #8  
I've said long ago that the NH website, and its corporate sister site for Case Tractors, are the worst of the tractor websites for any major brand and worse that most of the minor brands too. They tweak the sites a bit, every now and again, they add things like the hokey "Why Blue is Better" film clips, but overall the sites are lacking in every way and need to be redesigned. Kioti has a clean site with lots of easy to find information. Mahindra's site is marginal at best. Deere is superior in most ways, but I find it has so much information that it is often hard to navigate to find specific information. Kubota is excellent, with lots of depth, and easy to navigate. Zetor has a pretty bad website. Montana tractors site is slow to load, opens new windows with links, and is generally an annoying site to use.

/ New Holland web site rebuild. #9  
Good Points Bob and Andy,

It's not just NH. On the Kubota site when you click on the B7410 thru 7610 series the RTV-900 series comes up... whats up with that? I even asked my local dealer if they were discontinuing the series and he said no. I even e-mailed the Kubota webmaster about it (i know, I'm obsessive :eek:). No reply and no changes... I just checked. I've just learned to except that most of these companies don't seem to be making the web a real priority. I don't think they understand the importance of the web in todays marketing. It's almost like an afterthought... like the CEO's son does it while he's home from school :)

/ New Holland web site rebuild. #10  
Does anyone else find it completely idiotic that they would ask a multiple choice question and then limit the way you can respond to it? Two of their questions do exactly that. I think their survey shows a total lack of understanding of how/why people use the interent.

It does give users 3 short answers that they can fill in to improve the website, but they are very short so it is easy to run out of room. Further, the question is so open ended that they set themselves up for such a broad range of answers that they probably will not see any consensus. It would have been much more useful to them to have a few "directed" quesitons which were topical about specific issues and then asked for the responses on those topics.

Further, if you look at the NH website, it is a one size fits all website. It covers big farm equipment and treats it the same way it treats the little TZ sub-compact tractors. Anyone else think it would be useful to have a seperate area for CUTs/Sub-CUTs versus real AG equipment? Deere does that very successfully. In fact Deere breaks their web presence into multiple sites, one for CUT shoppers, another for Landscapers, another for Farmers, etc etc. Smaller tractor companies like Montana or Kioti only offer a narrow range of equipment and can get away with a single page. Large companies like New Holland should have dedicated areas, they may all link to one central page, but I presume that a real farmer has totally different interests in a website than a small 10 acre estate owner.

The NH website so misses the mark that it is useless.

The NH survey so misses an opportunity to fix the website that it is a shame.