Price Check TN75A Cab pricing (yes, again)

/ TN75A Cab pricing (yes, again)
Robert_in_NY said:
I thought that price was kind of high. Glad to see you found a better price. What was the quote and was it a NH loader that was quoted?

Yeah, he said (far away dealer, really far away) he can get an older NH loader that still has the CORRECT NON-WEIRD quick attach system "American quick attach" he called it.

But the whole deal was much cheaper, even with shipping

/ TN75A Cab pricing (yes, again) #22  
LoneCowboy said:
UPDATE

So, Larry on the hilltop sent me some info to his local dealer.
I called them up, got a price for exactly the same thing (took it off my dealer's quote)

IT WAS A TON CHEAPER
Like more than $6000 cheaper including the loader!!!!!!!!!!!
Even with shipping!!!!!!!!!!!

So, called my dealer back today
Told them, hey, I compared your deal, you aren't even close, try again.

Well, what's their price? I said, i can't tell you that, I didn't tell them yours, I'm not telling you theirs. Not ethical.

So, he's trying again.
WE shall see.

I just want to remind you that there are people on here that insist that there can't be that big of difference in prices, that you cannot be pricing apples to apples. Now of course we know better than that, Myself, I saved over 8k by purchasing long distance and it has been worth every penny saved.:) But for me to feel comfortable to do that, I new that I would not deal with my local dealer.

Good luck with your shopping.

More UPDATE

got a call back from local dealer (already)

he says his best price 41, 050
and the far away dealer is at 36,100 (plus about a $1000 shipping minus the tax savings)
So, still 4 grand cheaper

The local dealer said his cost on that tractor was $37 something.

so, interesting
not sure

/ TN75A Cab pricing (yes, again) #24  
Then it all comes down to whether buying from your local dealer is worth $4K to you or not. In my personal experience, buying from an out-of-state dealer was painless and well worth it (I think I saved close to $10K compared to the local dealer). Some people have expressed concern about service, warranty work, etc., if you bring your tractor to a dealer when you didn't buy from them. If your local dealer is really good, you get benefits from buying from them like free service delivery, and you want to build a good relationship with them, it might be worth the money to buy from them. If your local dealer is only so-so, and it's unlikely that buying from them is going to help you at all with their service department, then maybe it would be better to bank that $4K and allocate it to possible expenses related to shipping your tractor to/from the local dealer and taking care of the little stuff yourself.

At some dealerships, the service department is totally separate from the sales department, and one side has no clue what the other side is up to. If you're leaning toward paying extra to support your local dealer, then you should definitely make sure that it will pay off for you one way or another. Four grand is a lot of money.

Yeah, I agree
My biggest concern is teh whole walkaround "here's how all this weird stuff works"
But an hour of walkaround time is NOT worth 4 to 5 grand.

Now i'm conflicted.
But that's a **** of a price from the far away place.

/ TN75A Cab pricing (yes, again) #26  
Maybe your local dealer buys his tractors from the other dealer you got a quote from ;-)

I wouldn't worry about the walkaround though. You know there are one or two people on here that have used the TN's before so if you have any questions that the owners manual doesn't explain just ask.

I would also tell you local dealer the other price and let him tell you why it cost more for him to get a tractor from NH then what the other dealer can sell them for. Sounds more like he is trying to make up for the slow wintertime sales all on one tractor.

/ TN75A Cab pricing (yes, again) #27  
I dont understand how one dealer can sell for so little and the other cant. Is it that one gets a better deal from NH a business structure issue dictates it? I dont really understand how all that works. Sometimes it seems like an elaborate shell game.

cowboy: I think your purchase is for business...right? If so youll want to make sure breakdowns are handled promptly unless youre going to do that yourself. In the event you need help getting the service dept to recognize you having a salesman to speak for you would be handy. That said its hard to figure whether it would be worth $4k. Also it depends on how the dealership works. It seems theres quite a variety of MOs where thats concerned. Im sure your local dealer would have to agree 4K is a large diff and he may just sympathize and give good service anyway. Were you planning to talk w/ him about it anymore? I think I would and try to get a feel for whether he willing to still work w/ you or not.

/ TN75A Cab pricing (yes, again) #28  
The only way I can figure that the tractor costs the dealer in Colorado more is that he gets hit with a higher shipping cost from NH. The TNs come in through the Port of Baltimore, and it's about three hours from Baltimore to my dealer. The other issue is that there are various programs that run on TNs and other tractors and implements, which rebate various percentages of the cost back to the dealer as an incentive. These programs change on a monthly basis, and vary from model to model, but it was about 3% when I bought my TN60A and I got the 3% off my cost, too. I think a lot of dealers may 'hide' the program costs when they tell you of their cost. Incidentallly, no, I'm not related to my dealer, either :p Ask Messick's, as I think he's on here, too.

For $4K, I can buy a lot of diesel fuel...

The 4 grand difference INCLUDES the shipping difference (for me to pay, which has to be more expensive than dealer rate)

I've bought a lot of stuff from this dealer, and I expect to buy other attachments and such in the future (and told him that), but even he is kinda amazed at that price.

So, I'm not allowed to make a decision this weekend since the wife is in Florida, but............

Not sure about tractor dealers, but in auto dealers, the sales team has NOTHING to do with the service team. So, they don't care.

I bought my Massey from a dealer in Oklahoma, it was WAY cheaper than here too. Even with gas to go get it and back.

/ TN75A Cab pricing (yes, again) #30  
Could be the faraway dealer is high volume and gets better pricing from NH.