New Member NewTractor

/ New Member NewTractor #1  

gregkabob

Silver Member
Tractor
NH TC45DA
Hi ALL, I just found this site a week ago and have been reading all I can of the past threads. Tons of great info especially for a tractor newbie.

Well after 26 years of USAF service and 3 years of corporate life my wife and I decided we needed a life change and bought 60 acres in Oklahoma. We are looking at putting in a vineyard and enjoying the country life. We know that grapes involve a lot of labor but we look forward to being outside working instead of sitting behind desks getting fatter.

I've looked at Greene, Orange and Blue and I just kept getting drawn back to Blue. It was one of those if just feels right for me. The fit and finnish are top notch along with the way it sits. So Tuesday I ordered a TC45DA with 250TL FEL, 758C Bachhoe w/16" bucket and a brush grapple with rear remote. They threw in the canopy and grill guard for the out the door price of 32K.

I look forward to learning how to use the tractor and how others are using it to get jobs done. I"m sure I'll have many questions along the way and it's great to know a place to go for answers.

Greg

/ New Member NewTractor #2  
Welcome to the forum from one Oklahoman to another. You are going to love the TC45.

/ New Member NewTractor #3  
from one zoomie to another - welcome aboard -- vineyard ..... saw lots of 'em in Germany and wow is that a lot of work ... good luck and hopefully good fun with it.

/ New Member NewTractor #4  
gregkabob said:
... So Tuesday I ordered a TC45DA with 250TL FEL, 758C Bachhoe w/16" bucket and a brush grapple with rear remote. They threw in the canopy and grill guard for the out the door price of 32K.
Greg

Welcome aboard Greg,

Retired squid airdale here. You got a great price for your toys and I know you'll have fun with them. As you may have already seen throughout these forums, we're ready to help you spend more money. It's our version of new shoes yielding to purse, dress, coat & jewelry. You'll need welding toys and opportunities to improve those skills; a trailer and something substantial to haul it; and, of course, plenty of projects. Sounds like you're well on your way to an enjoyable "retirement" of fun work.

Now the other item we all seek is PICTURES!! ;)

We really enjoy our NH and I know you'll enjoy your setup too. Blue has nice lines and helped getting forgiveness from our wives. Actually, it's become a fight over who gets to use it more.

/ New Member NewTractor #5  
Welcome! That does sound like a great set-up you have there. I'm sure you'll find plenty to get into. Don't forget to take a couple pic's and show that beauty off!
HT

/ New Member NewTractor #6  
Welcome to TBN. You will get all the help you request and more from this site. Best to you and the wife in your new endeavors. :)
As mentioned before, don't forget the pictures as we all just love looking at them and many of us will just drool.

/ New Member NewTractor #7  
Welcome Greg. I think you will really love your new tractor and also living in Moore, OK (if you have a good tornado shelter). Maybe your first job with the backhoe could be digging a storm cellar.:eek: Just kiddin':D

I look forward to seeing pictures of your tractor and your property. Oklahoma is a lot prettier than we Texans give it credit for being.:)

/ New Member NewTractor
Thanks all for the warm welcome. I have a great wife and it was her that suggested we get the grapple...so who was I to argue. The tractor is due in tomorrow and the backhoe next week. Once I get it delivered I'll be sure to post pics of it.

jinman: already thinking of putting in a shelter at the new place as it has a tornado magnet sitting on it now.

Here's a Google Earth shot of the property:

TheLand.jpg

Eventually the big house will go by the big pond.

Greg

/ New Member NewTractor #9  
Welcome to Tbn Greg. :)
A lot good advice here,and do jump right on in and share.

/ New Member NewTractor #10  
Nice photo, Greg. Do you plan on putting that vineyard in the open area or will you clear some of your forest? It appears to be a lot of native oak woods from the Google Earth photo. The clear spot around the mobile home also looks like it has some hills and gullies. It's hard to see topography from an aerial photo.