Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Default Re: TC 33

Sounds like you have a handle on it...Mr. Schwartz.
    Jim

Tractor
    Push mower, Snapper 21" 6 shovels, 2 rakes, a pick, 2 pinch bars, a post hole digger (two handle type) and 2 wheel barrows that handle like a Porsche.

Quote Originally Posted by jinman
    I'd rather have your "no joy, joy stick".

Tractor
    Push mower, Snapper 21" 6 shovels, 2 rakes, a pick, 2 pinch bars, a post hole digger (two handle type) and 2 wheel barrows that handle like a Porsche.

Jim, the tractor has TC33S on the plate underneath on the transmission. Does that mean anything? I thought they were "D's". Will this tractor break in half as someone else mentioned with non NH loaders?

Issues I have found:

1. Hydraulic oil filter never changed.
    2. Hood has broken off latch on fiberglass, cracked at that point.
    3. Neutral switch keeps hanging up
    4. No hydraulic oil registering on dip stick when cold.
    5. still looking

Tractor

The owner of the TC33 has allowed me to demo the tractor for the next XX days. I'm on day 2. I moved about 20 yards of dirt. I miss HST, I mean it is so night and day difference. I will challenge anyone who says a manual is as quick as HST. No way, no way, no way. The loader which is aftermarket is pretty lousy. I really need to have simaltaneous drop and curl on the bucket, this one does not. I like the layout of the TC33. Its simple and clean. The engine is nice and quiet as well as smooth. I don't think it burns as clean as the kubota's I have had. My NH 2120 had the same BBQ lighter fluid smell. I like the clutch pedal on NH much better then Kubota. Its big and beefy chunk of cast steel. The kubota was a bendable piece of mild steel. Of course, with HST, the clutch is there to remind you that those with manuals need to use it constantly. I changed the hydraulic fluid, all 9 gallons of it. She just told me to give her the bill. Bottom line, I could see buying this tractor on a short term and selling it, but without HST and at least the NH loader, its just not a keeper. It made me realize just how addicted to HST I am, in my opinion, its just that good.

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by _RaT_
    Jim, the tractor has TC33S on the plate underneath on the transmission. Does that mean anything? I thought they were "D's". Will this tractor break in half as someone else mentioned with non NH loaders?

Issues I have found:

1. Hydraulic oil filter never changed.
    2. Hood has broken off latch on fiberglass, cracked at that point.
    3. Neutral switch keeps hanging up
    4. No hydraulic oil registering on dip stick when cold.
    5. still looking
    Well, that tractor surely seems to have "issues." Does the loader have a sub-frame? If not, I'd stay far away from it.

Somebody asked about the "S" designation before and I think RickB or Tech_in_ny said that just stood for "standard" configuration tractor which means a gear tractor instead of HST. I may not have that exact, but I'm pretty close.

Like you, I love HST for loader work. If all I had was gears, I'd get by. But, if I had both tractors with loaders, the gear tractor would sure see very little use when doing loader work other than hauling round bales and such. Dirt work just "screams" for HST.

Isn't it strange how somebody spends all that money for a tractor and then doesn't do even minimum maintenance? I guess that's what makes the world go around.
    Jim

Tractor
    New Holland TC29DA, John Deere 455D

Jim- could "S" stand for supersteer? Jay

Tractor
    New Holland TC29D, 2001

Quote Originally Posted by jbrumberg
    Jim- could "S" stand for supersteer? Jay
    No the "S" did not stand for super-steer. Super-Steer could only be gotten on the older versions in the "D" designation if I remember right. And I think super-steer could only come with hydro transmissions.

The "S" is something I have not seen before but there is one on Ebay right now.

Some time ago there was a picture posted here on TBN of a TC29S that was made for another country. It had the roll bar in front of the seat. I wish I could find that pic. They were made for another country but because of suppy and demand some came here to the US. Now this is just this old memory kicking in
    "This country was founded and built by people with great dreams and the courage to take great risks."

Tractor

My neighbor sold the tractor yesterday or should I say, I sold it for her. As much as I wanted to keep it, the guy that bought it was much more enthusiastic about it then me and deserved it. I had a hard time with the 3rd party loader that lacked simultaneous dump raise etc. function and the manual gear box. Had it been shuttle, I would have been fine with it. So now its back to a shovel and wheelbarrow for me. I put 12 hours on it. Does anyone know if the little diesel on the TC33 has glow plugs? If it does, I suspect these were not working. I know our freezing cold 50 degree mornings are tough for anything to start, but this Shibura seemed extra sensitive to the cold.

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor

RaT, my tractor has an automatic glowplug cycle everytime I turn the ignition ON. I'm pretty sure the deluxe model of the TC33 also does this, but not sure about the gear model. I've read several places about people having problems with the glowplug timers on these tractors and some with defective ignition switches. Did you ever notice a glowplug indicator light on the instrument cluster? Mine has a light that stays on as long as the glowplugs are preheating.

My tractor is hard starting in cold weather if I don't wait on the glowplugs, but at 50º and above, I've never noticed it being hard to start. Most of the time, even in the hot summer, I just let the glowplugs cycle for 10 seconds and the tractor starts immediately.
    Jim

Tractor

RaT, my tractor has an automatic glowplug cycle everytime I turn the ignition ON. I'm pretty sure the deluxe model of the TC33 also does this, but not sure about the gear model. I've read several places about people having problems with the glowplug timers on these tractors and some with defective ignition switches. Did you ever notice a glowplug indicator light on the instrument cluster? Mine has a light that stays on as long as the glowplugs are preheating.

My tractor is hard starting in cold weather if I don't wait on the glowplugs, but at 50 and above, I've never noticed it being hard to start. Most of the time, even in the hot summer, I just let the glowplugs cycle for 10 seconds and the tractor starts immediately.
    Jim, I never saw any indicators that showed glowplugs were on. I looked in the engine compartment and saw no indications of plugs either although it was a quick check. I did notice the fuse block is on the firewall. It was very difficult to get to with the loader on. I pulled one fuse out to see if it was OK and it fell apart at the base where it stabs into the block. It was completely corroded away. I told the new owner about it, in fact, I pointed out everything that was wrong that I was aware of and of course, things that were right. I was glad this guy was thrilled with his "new" tractor. I like seeing that. He was a young guy, very familiar with tractors and did a good job of finding all the problem areas. In spite of the few issues, it was a very tight tractor which makes me think the 200 hours were indeed accurate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast