Price Check Price check: Ford 2110 + implements

/ Price check: Ford 2110 + implements #1  

CannonFodder

Howdy all,

I'm looking at a Ford 2110, unknown year (requesting SN to verify).

1700 hours overall, says that it's a rebuilt engine (asked about circumstances of that as well). Private owner selling it, still don't have that story either.

Includes:
  • Front loader (New Holland, can't make out the model #)
  • Frame mounted backhoe
  • Box blade (unknown make)
  • Howard rototiller
  • 60" wide mowing deck

Offered at $16,000. Wondering if that's steep, and of course I'm curious about the rebuild, etc.

Any advice?

Thanks!

/ Price check: Ford 2110 + implements #2  
The tractors seems eqivelant to a tc34. I would look at those for an equivelant price.

The quality and model of the attachments are important, as well as wether it was gas or diesel, and 2wd or 4wd.

Chris

It seems significantly high to me, but the devil is in the details.

/ Price check: Ford 2110 + implements
We went to take a look at it. The seller mentioned that he bought it in '87, used it occasionally for construction in Guerneville, CA. Apparently, the tractor got caught in one of the Russian River floods (most likely from last year's rains) and got river silt into the engine, which is why it got rebuilt.

Fittings have some rust (I hesitate to call it minor rust, since most everything had some amount of rust on it), and the hoses are in fair condition, no hydraulic leaks were visible.

It's manual tranny with 12 gears(?), front loader has hooks welded onto the top for forks, the backhoe is frame mounted (which I think is perhaps it's most appealing feature). Tires were in very good condition, easily 80-90% tread. The box blade was basic, looked like there was holes for rippers (apparently not included), tiller was also in good shape. There was also a second, wider bucket for the backhoe (my guess is 18"). I didn't have the presence of mind to ask the models of each of the implements, chalk that up to being a newbie.

I asked about his price and he acknowledged he doesn't know the market value of the tractor or implements, and that he's gotten feedback that his price is too high. On the upside, he's willing to negotiate price. All I have to do is come up with a reasonable market value for something of that vintage and size so I can counter.

He says he's selling it because he lives on 1/2 acre now and doesn't need a tractor like that.

So, the river silt is gone from the engine due to the rebuild, would a flood cause other significant damage that needs to be checked on? Should I walk away because it's been flood damaged?

Thanks,

--R

/ Price check: Ford 2110 + implements #4  
dynasim said:
The tractors seems eqivelant to a tc34. I would look at those for an equivelant price.

It's actually more equilavent to a TC48.

Andy

/ Price check: Ford 2110 + implements #5  
First thing I'd want to see is the paperwork detailing the rebuild. There are a lot of versions of "rebuild". I'd check all the fluids looking for the milky appearance in case water was still in them. I'd check ALL safety switches by running through the motions of starting, braking, all gears, nuetral, PTO, getting on and off the tractor while running, etc. I'm not saying it's a good or bad price, but I would defininitely want to know what I was getting myself into, epsecially if it's only 1 year after being flooded.

/ Price check: Ford 2110 + implements #6  
If it was submerged.. I'd look at other sumps too.. tranny.. diffy.. hyds.. etc..

Soundguy

/ Price check: Ford 2110 + implements
The way he gestured when he referred to the water level it was the bottom 1/3 of the engine that was under water. He also mentioned that it had been in the hands of the guy doing the engine rebuild up until recently, so the better part of the last year the tractor has just sat idle, without an engine.

Good advice on the fluid checks. I also neglected to look at the grease points. There's no end to the things I didn't check, go figure.

Also, I got one of them online appraisals done for the tractor. Given it's condition and the implements, I'm estimating it's worth about $11-12k all together (assuming there's no other problems related to flood). I'm still not convinced this is the tractor to go with, but the seller appears genuine, was more than happy to answer every question, and so far he's been forthcoming and matter-of-fact about the tractor's condition (and he's a UC Davis Aggie, which my wife is also, so apparently that plays in his favor).

BTW, the 2110 is about 36hp, 31hp at the PTO, which puts it more in the TC35 class of NH iron.

/ Price check: Ford 2110 + implements #8  
I have a 2110 compact. Same as 2110 just slightly shorter. 1987 model year.
I paid 10 K in 1998 with 2600 hours. Has after market front loader. Was bought from used tractor dealer near Fresno, Ca. As a trator gets older seals tend to go out and leak as well as normal parts wear. Parts also get harder to find and pricier. Would think $6500 max if body, lights, etc., are in good condition.

/ Price check: Ford 2110 + implements #9  
With that past history.... I would run.. far and away. Unless you like to fix constant on going bearing problems.
Had a 2110, bare tractor 4x4 advertised here for 7k. Looked really nice but you start adding a loader, remotes, attachments, your going into the 11-12 range. I buy new, but if I looked for used I would get the best low hour machine possible. I feel it would pay off in the end or if you had to sell for some reason good clean units never last long.

/ Price check: Ford 2110 + implements #10  
:confused:We're getting better. Answerng 2 plus year old posts on price

Andy