Used TC35D Value?

/ Used TC35D Value? #1  

wihakowiSteve

Bronze Member
Tractor
NH TC35D
I have a 2 year old TC35D, 400 (pretty light)hrs, R-4s, FEL, brush guard, in great shape. I think I want to move up to a TC45. Any thoughts out there on a good asking price for the TC35?
Need to have some idea before I give the move much consideration at all. Thanks, Steve

/ Used TC35D Value? #2  
I think I would see what I could get for it as a trade-in and then go 10% or more above that for my asking price. Also, you might negotiate with the dealer on keeping your 16LA loader for use on the TC45 instead of paying full retail price for another one.

/ Used TC35D Value?
Good idea about getting dealer input, albeit indirectly! One of the reasons I probably wouldn't keep the loader is that I really want to get a quick-attach model if I move "up". It also is the one piece of the tractor that most looks the most "used" -- probably because it is! (double mosts intended) I guess I would just want to start out all new!!
Am thinking in the $16,500 to $17,000 range. Too High?

/ Used TC35D Value? #4  
I think you have to consider what you are competing with when you price a tractor. If you price it at $16.5k to $17k, you are competing directly with a new TC33D with loader. Given the choice of your tractor or a new TC33D, what would you do? Those are the kinds of questions you have to ask yourself so you will be prepared to answer them when someone looking at your tractor asks you the same question. Go ahead and put an ad in the newpaper for $16.5K and see how many phone calls you get. You might be surprised./w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif. Isn't that price about $3k less than you paid for it new?

/ Used TC35D Value? #5  
How do you guys feel about this price?

2001 used TC35D,Hydro,R4tires,grillguard,FEL 72"HD bucket w/cutting edge,Bradco 609 backhoe w/18"bucket
363 hours
$22,500.
Thanks
Mike Nelson

/ Used TC35D Value? #6  
One more thing to consider is the sales tax if you don't have some kind of agriculture exemption. I believe this works the same way as cars. For instance my local sales tax is 6.5%. If you sell your tractor for $17000 you would have to get an extra $1105.00 in order to break even over trading it in if your tax rate was the same as ours. If you trade in you only pay sales tax on the difference. Just something else to consider. Good Luck

/ Used TC35D Value? #7  
Hi Steve, I found a site while I was looking to buy a tractor that gives you values of used tractors. I checked it for your TC35D, with Hydro, and no Supersteer, they are saying between $16,000 to $17,600. All depends on condition. New price is $19,800. I'll give you the link. You must login. Good Luck. Kent

http://www.machinerylink.com

/ Used TC35D Value? #8  
Mike, I think the value in this tractor would be based on your need for the backhoe. If you have a constant need and the tractor is in very good shape, this might be a good deal. If the tractor looks "used" but operates okay, take the opportunity to make the owner an offer about $1,000 less and see if he really wants to deal. The hours on this tractor are really nothing if it is in decent shape and hasn't been abused. If it's what you want, I'd suggest you give it serious consideration. Is this a cash deal or do you have to arrange financing? Remember, a dealer can add value to his tractors by having a ready source of financing. ...just my thoughts.