Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    New Holland TC35D c/w FEL, ACCO Allis 1614

Default Re: TALK ME INTO A NEW HOLLAND TRACTOR

Quote Originally Posted by thcri
    Vic,

Does the New Holland lift capacity deter you from doing anything. 600 is a big difference but is it overkill.murph
    Murph, actually I am trying to figure out the logistics for getting some major rock into my place. Granted when you start looking at boulders 2 to 3 ton, my Dynammo actually becomes far too small.

However, other than that, my machine has performed admirably !!

Vic
    NH TC35D SS, c/w FEL, Woods Rotary Cutter, Luck Now Snowblower & Universal Forks.
    AGCO Allis 1614 with MMM.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Do lots of test drives.. and one more thing.. scut and cut tractors are not 'stump pullers' unless we are talking 'brush' size stumps. You hook a chain to a 4" stump and your tractor and we just might be reading about you on an osha website.

There are some techniques you can use to remove stumps with a tractor.. but it involves a few tools and some physics.

Soundguy

Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy
    Do lots of test drives.. and one more thing.. scut and cut tractors are not 'stump pullers' unless we are talking 'brush' size stumps. You hook a chain to a 4" stump and your tractor and we just might be reading about you on an osha website.

There are some techniques you can use to remove stumps with a tractor.. but it involves a few tools and some physics.

Soundguy
    Dang! With all this good advice, IHUNT will have no reason to go anywhere else.

Chris, that is almost word-for-word what I thought when I read that IHUNT was thinking of stump "pulling" with his new tractor. I just figured he meant stump "digging" and used the generic term "pulling" instead. As you said, these tractors won't pull a very big stump, but you can dig out stumps with a loader or backhoe and do a great job of it.
    Jim

Banned

I'll tell you what did it for me. I sat in a NH for about 15 min at an Ag show talking with a NH engineer, then went to the kubota booth and sat in the Kubota, and it was a no brainer. The NH felt like a Cadillac.

I own two Kubota' s and the feel of the NH was amazing. I sat in the Kubota about 30 seconds, and went back to NH. I'm waiting to order the new T2410.

The NH just felt stronger, beefier, more heavy duty, than the Kubota. I still can't forgive Kubota for making the step to the cab of my tractor out of tin foil.

You would think if they would make any part of the tractor extra heavy duty it would be the step, since you step on it every time you get on the tractor.
    On mine it bends with my weight ( no jokes ) - I know I'm not a 98 lb. Japanese farmer, but cmon Kubota, give some steel.

CJ4
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    NH TC55 DA

Soundguy, Jim, ......DITTO.....Please don't pull on stumps with a tractor......daaaaannnnngggggerous!!!! Diggin them out....yeah!!! I hate stumps anyhow.....ggggrrrrrrrrr.......You guys have all made some "right on" analysis here. Good thread.

BTW, Have I "ever" told you guys that I luv my TC55DA????? lol
    NH TC55DA, EHSS, 4wd, 18LA FEL, Woods BH-90X BH, Toothbar, Forks, 3 Rear Remotes, Hyd Top Bar, 5' Rhino brush hog, Grapple, 6' Tiller.

I use to have a TC45D. Loved it but needed something to work in the woods so I traded it for a compact track loader. When I decided to get another compact tractor I went with a local dealer I liked who sold Massey and bought a 1533. I now wish I had traveled an hour to get another New Holland. The New Holland is much more ergonomic, especially the joystick. And the adjustability of the 3 point hitch makes it a snap to change implements. The Massey tried to mimmick the New Holland but didn't quite make it. Another nice thing about the NH is that you can get on and off the operator platform from either side because of the good joystick placement, can't do that very well on the others. Anyway, my vote it for Blue and right now their web says zero percent for 36 months.
    Gary

Tractor
    New holland TC(33)

personally it came down to how they sat.

The controls, the layout, the seat all seemed to be just what you would want in the NH. The grand series of kubota seemed to be marketed toward the guys that want an oversized yard tractor, electronic this and that. but the non-grand version was a basic bare bones no frills tractor (why am i paying this for this featureless hunk of iron?)

Factor in NH heavyer frame, and i was sold on a true compact utility tractor my TC is.
    Steve - TC33D 4x4 FEL, dual rear remotes with toys

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    tc- 29d

Reading you thread "Talk me into a New holland Tractor"

Buy a New Holland Tractor! enough said!
    dqdave1; tc-29D; woods 7500 bh; 7308 fel, land pride tiller, land pride rake, gill pulverizer, 60"mmm. , bucket forks , MZ16H

art
    Tractor
    all makes and models

I sell both and I'd have to say I haven't found the kubota's to be any more tippy then the NH tractors. We have customers that like both and I do have my preferences for the three range hydro's but it is your choice.

Tractor
    New Holland TC29DA, John Deere 455D

NH "TC" tractors have better ergonomics IMHO. Jay
    NH TC29DA with 14LA and HD QA 60" bucket, weighted R-1's, FOPS, CCM M-160 (58") Tiller, Tebben MD 60" Rotary Cutter, Woods LR 108 (96") Landscape Rake, FEL cutting edge and tooth bar, Woods GB60 (60") Box Blade, Wallenstein BXM32

1995 John Deere 455 Diesel with 48" mower, MC 519 Cart with PowerVac

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast