TALK ME INTO A NEW HOLLAND TRACTOR

/ TALK ME INTO A NEW HOLLAND TRACTOR #11  
thcri said:
Vic,

Does the New Holland lift capacity deter you from doing anything. 600 is a big difference but is it overkill.murph

Murph, actually I am trying to figure out the logistics for getting some major rock into my place. Granted when you start looking at boulders 2 to 3 ton, my Dynammo actually becomes far too small.

However, other than that, my machine has performed admirably !!

Vic

/ TALK ME INTO A NEW HOLLAND TRACTOR #12  
Do lots of test drives.. and one more thing.. scut and cut tractors are not 'stump pullers' unless we are talking 'brush' size stumps. You hook a chain to a 4" stump and your tractor and we just might be reading about you on an osha website.

There are some techniques you can use to remove stumps with a tractor.. but it involves a few tools and some physics.

Soundguy

/ TALK ME INTO A NEW HOLLAND TRACTOR #13  
Soundguy said:
Do lots of test drives.. and one more thing.. scut and cut tractors are not 'stump pullers' unless we are talking 'brush' size stumps. You hook a chain to a 4" stump and your tractor and we just might be reading about you on an osha website.

There are some techniques you can use to remove stumps with a tractor.. but it involves a few tools and some physics.

Soundguy

Dang! With all this good advice, IHUNT will have no reason to go anywhere else.;)

Chris, that is almost word-for-word what I thought when I read that IHUNT was thinking of stump "pulling" with his new tractor. I just figured he meant stump "digging" and used the generic term "pulling" instead. As you said, these tractors won't pull a very big stump, but you can dig out stumps with a loader or backhoe and do a great job of it.:)

/ TALK ME INTO A NEW HOLLAND TRACTOR #14  
I'll tell you what did it for me. I sat in a NH for about 15 min at an Ag show talking with a NH engineer, then went to the Kubota booth and sat in the Kubota, and it was a no brainer. The NH felt like a Cadillac.

I own two Kubota' s and the feel of the NH was amazing. I sat in the Kubota about 30 seconds, and went back to NH. I'm waiting to order the new T2410.

The NH just felt stronger, beefier, more heavy duty, than the Kubota. I still can't forgive Kubota for making the step to the cab of my tractor out of tin foil.

You would think if they would make any part of the tractor extra heavy duty it would be the step, since you step on it every time you get on the tractor.
On mine it bends with my weight ( no jokes ) - I know I'm not a 98 lb. Japanese farmer, but cmon Kubota, give some steel.

/ TALK ME INTO A NEW HOLLAND TRACTOR #15  
Soundguy, Jim, ......DITTO.....Please don't pull on stumps with a tractor......daaaaannnnngggggerous!!!! Diggin them out....yeah!!! I hate stumps anyhow.....ggggrrrrrrrrr.......You guys have all made some "right on" analysis here. Good thread.

BTW, Have I "ever" told you guys that I luv my TC55DA????? lol

/ TALK ME INTO A NEW HOLLAND TRACTOR #16  
I use to have a TC45D. Loved it but needed something to work in the woods so I traded it for a compact track loader. When I decided to get another compact tractor I went with a local dealer I liked who sold Massey and bought a 1533. I now wish I had traveled an hour to get another New Holland. The New Holland is much more ergonomic, especially the joystick. And the adjustability of the 3 point hitch makes it a snap to change implements. The Massey tried to mimmick the New Holland but didn't quite make it. Another nice thing about the NH is that you can get on and off the operator platform from either side because of the good joystick placement, can't do that very well on the others. Anyway, my vote it for Blue and right now their web says zero percent for 36 months.

/ TALK ME INTO A NEW HOLLAND TRACTOR #17  
personally it came down to how they sat.

The controls, the layout, the seat all seemed to be just what you would want in the NH. The grand series of Kubota seemed to be marketed toward the guys that want an oversized yard tractor, electronic this and that. but the non-grand version was a basic bare bones no frills tractor (why am i paying this for this featureless hunk of iron?)

Factor in NH heavyer frame, and i was sold on a true compact utility tractor my TC is.

/ TALK ME INTO A NEW HOLLAND TRACTOR #18  
Reading you thread "Talk me into a New holland Tractor"

Buy a New Holland Tractor! enough said!

/ TALK ME INTO A NEW HOLLAND TRACTOR #19  
I sell both and I'd have to say I haven't found the Kubota's to be any more tippy then the NH tractors. We have customers that like both and I do have my preferences for the three range hydro's but it is your choice.

/ TALK ME INTO A NEW HOLLAND TRACTOR #20  
NH "TC" tractors have better ergonomics IMHO. Jay