Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: TALK ME INTO A NEW HOLLAND TRACTOR

I have a Case, which is essentially a NH in red paint. I looked long and hard and the ergonomics were a major point in the decision. The dealer I bought from sold Case, kubota, and Cadet. I was moving up from a small Kubota to a bigger, stronger, more stable tractor. The 'bota was about 1350 lb with loader. It was too narrow and light for the things I was doing on my sloping land. The Case weighs about 3 times as much, has less power per lb of weight, but is stronger overall and much more stable when carrying a bucket of soil or rocks, moving logs to become firewood, moving manure, and so on.

I originally was figuring to get another Kubota, but the operator's platform on the Case just fits my body (6'2", 210 lb, long arms and legs) a whole lot better than the Kubota models in the 30 hp range do. The adjustable spring loaded heavy duty swivel seat is great for my back, the tilt/telescope steering wheel is like magic, the controls are in just the right place for my hands and feet, and the ROPS fits through my door.
    Rich
    300 hours on the DX29, 850 on the JD 240 and too many to count on the Cadet
    Funk, Ohio

Tractor
    NH TC40DA

Quote Originally Posted by daTeacha
    I originally was figuring to get another kubota, but the operator's platform on the Case just fits my body (6'2", 210 lb, long arms and legs) a whole lot better than the Kubota models in the 30 hp range do. The adjustable spring loaded heavy duty swivel seat is great for my back, the tilt/telescope steering wheel is like magic, the controls are in just the right place for my hands and feet, and the ROPS fits through my door.
    I know what you mean. When I was trying to decide between Bota's and NH's I couldn't believe the difference in how comfortable I felt on the Blues and how very uncomfortable I was on the Kubota's, even sitting on the Kioti was way more comfortable than even the larger Kubota's. I felt too close on the Kubota, even with the seat all the way back (I'm a BIG guy too) and also didn't like the feeling that I was sliding forward down out of the seat. It really surprised me and sealed the deal on NH.
    NH TC40DA, 16LA w/Bull Grapple, Woods BH90-X & hyd Thumb Lovin It!!

Silver Member
    Tractor
    NH TC29D

I love mine. I've done more than I thought I would ever do with it.
    2003 NH TC29D Hydro 4x4, 914A 60" Belly Mower, 7308 FEL, 5' King Kutter Rotory Cutter, 60" Midwest Box Blade, Woods 7500 Backhoe. www.4x4TractorWork.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123