TALK ME INTO A NEW HOLLAND TRACTOR

/ TALK ME INTO A NEW HOLLAND TRACTOR #1  

IHUNT

Looking for New Holland owners. I have been looking for quite some time to buy a tractor. I have put together a package of a Kubota L3240HST with a LA724 quick attach loader R4 industrial tires and a woods BH80XT hoe. I plan to use the tracktor for cleaning up a 10 acre wood lot and pulling some stumps. I plan to make a small food plot. I also plan to do some landscaping around the house. I talked to someone today that said the kubota was very tippy. He told me the New Hollands are much more stable. Also what New Holland model is comprable the that kubota.

/ TALK ME INTO A NEW HOLLAND TRACTOR #2  
Regardless of what facts and figures that we all might dig up to help you, the most important thing to do is to get out there and talk to several dealers for each brand that you are looking at. Test out machines and take your time doing your "homework". You may want to look at a TC35DA (=/-) to compare to the L3240HST. Here's a link to the NH web site for this series of tractors: New Holland

I'm sure that you will get more than a few more helpful replies from folks who own New Hollands in this size. Good luck!

BTW there are 3-4 NH dealers within an hours drive to Bangor - you can find the dealer locator on the NH web site as well. Plus there are quite a few Mainers here who would probably share info about their experience with specific dealers - myself included.

~paul

/ TALK ME INTO A NEW HOLLAND TRACTOR #3  
I am going to agree with Diesle_ME. You have to get out and do some trying out. Make the buying precedure as much fun as the owning procedure. Kubota is a good tractor. I have a New Holland love it. Next one will be a New Holland also. But that does not mean it is right for you. Test drive them and get comfortable and even just as important, buy from a dealer that you think is going to give you the best service after the sale.

murph

/ TALK ME INTO A NEW HOLLAND TRACTOR #4  
I like yourself wanted to purchase a Kubota. I went to a dealer that sold both. I felt the NH was a better fit for me and what I wanted to do. The Kubota's are good tractors though. If you have a dealer nearby that carries both that would be the best situation, but if not try and visit one of each on the same day.

/ TALK ME INTO A NEW HOLLAND TRACTOR #5  
IHUNT said:
Looking for New Holland owners. I have been looking for quite some time to buy a tractor. I have put together a package of a Kubota L3240HST with a LA724 quick attach loader R4 industrial tires and a woods BH80XT hoe. I plan to use the tracktor for cleaning up a 10 acre wood lot and pulling some stumps. I plan to make a small food plot. I also plan to do some landscaping around the house. I talked to someone today that said the kubota was very tippy. He told me the New Hollands are much more stable. Also what New Holland model is comparable to that kubota.

The L3240HST matches up very close to the NH TC35DA in features which is a Class 3 Tractor. That Kubota sure is sharp....even has curved hood & boom for FEL. I believe NH was the first to start this trend.

The two main advantages that I see with the L3240 are its rear lift advantage (by a whopping 600 lbs) and the option of having an air conditioned / heated CAB. (NICE !!)

The main advantage of the TC35DA (from my perspective) is the Supersteer with sensitrac option which gives the tightest turn radius on the market & auto engages / disengages 4 WD on the fly. Another lesser but very convenient advantage is the ability to go from low to high speed with the press of a button on the FEL joystick. (Slick !!) Of course there is a slight HP advantage and hydraulic pump capacity advantage as well.

Unfortunately have never had the pleasure of working a Kubota so have no idea regarding how tippy they are. I do know I have been on some fairly steep declines on an angle & although I was concerned :eek: , never felt like the tractor was on the verge of tipping. As long as you have ballast (front & rear) goes a long way to keeping the tractor grounded.

Cannot see you going wrong with either tractor. After-market Cabs are available for the TC35DA.

Good Luck,

Vic

/ TALK ME INTO A NEW HOLLAND TRACTOR #6  
Nice job Vic! Great answer. All answers have been good, actually, and I don't have anything to add but my agreement.

/ TALK ME INTO A NEW HOLLAND TRACTOR #7  
kozak said:
The two main advantages that I see with the L3240 are its rear lift advantage (by a whopping 600 lbs) and the option of having an air conditioned / heated CAB. (NICE !!)

Vic

Vic,

Does the New Holland lift capacity deter you from doing anything. 600 is a big difference but is it overkill. I did not look up the specs of the New Holland but it seems to me from a thread a long time ago that the New Holland would lift just about anything out there??

But that heated cab would be nice. Got to admit that!!

murph

/ TALK ME INTO A NEW HOLLAND TRACTOR #8  
Vic's answers are on the mark. If a cab is important to you the TC40DA and TC45DA's are now offered with factory installed cabs. The TC40DA frame is basically the same as the 35's, 5 more HP with 4 cyl vs 3, and stronger hydraulic system. The Bota lift is still greater (by a few hundred lbs), but I like the features on the NH's better. When I was looking at which tractor it had also come down to a Orange vs Blue contest (Green dealer was too arrogant and prices weren't competitive). It wasn't until I actually got seat time on both colors that the Blue won me over. The dealers attitudes were similar, but the Blue dealer also won me as well. I haven't regretted the decision. One of my friends has an L4240 and I still prefer my TC40DA. Also from just a comfort comparison, the Kubota seat platform was not as nearly comfortable to me as the NH.

Attached the Orange/Blue comparison charts from NH's perspective:

View attachment L3240 vs TC35DA.pdf

View attachment TC40DA vs L3830 L3940.pdf

/ TALK ME INTO A NEW HOLLAND TRACTOR
Thanks everyone for the great information.

Chris

/ TALK ME INTO A NEW HOLLAND TRACTOR #10  
IHUNT said:
Thanks everyone for the great information.

Chris

So did everyone talk you into the New Holland??

murph